ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer E-Commerce  (Read 18123 times)

Daniel Levi

Re: Behringer E-Commerce
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2020, 12:52:31 PM »

Until Music Group/Tribe/Phalanx/whatever get their shit together on support and service it doesn't matter.  No Midas, no Turbo, and no LabG for us.

I guess I'm spoiled, but in the 40 years I've been in audio it's always been possible to get someone on the phone or email who can sort out problems except for Soundcraft - sorry, Tom D - and now anything related to Uli.  I'm unlikely to spend another US$ million on inventory but until there is a functional support system in place, you can be damn sure that IF I'm spending money it won't be with Music "group".

There is a US number for Pro series support, it was on the Midas twitter. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2020, 02:13:50 PM »

There is a US number for Pro series support, it was on the Midas twitter.

That does non-tweeters much good, eh?  And for the last (pre-pandemic) year, professional support was pretty much non-existent.  Contrast with AVID live products - 24/7 support with a phone number that does not require social media to discern.

Daniel, I was *hoping* that Music Conglomerate would be the holding company that might fix what ailed Midas, Turbo, etc.  Music Conglo made them worse for professional end users and pretty much the brain trusts at respective brands either jumped ship or were walked off the gang plank and into the ocean.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Helmke

« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2020, 03:52:45 PM »

That does non-tweeters much good, eh?  And for the last (pre-pandemic) year, professional support was pretty much non-existent.  Contrast with AVID live products - 24/7 support with a phone number that does not require social media to discern.

Last I checked the one phone number you could find for Behringer just ran a busy signal day and night.  But maybe less than 10 years ago you could call the Midas/Klark support number, and the person who took your call could usually tell you off the top of their head what component(s) to check for your specific problem.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2020, 10:48:55 PM »

That's Ray Aberle, if i'm not mistaken.

An interesting development. Although I am wondering who sent him the letter, as I don't think I've gotten anything from Tribe explaining this.

yarp, that be me. :)

This was an email from our dealer rep company.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

doug johnson2

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2020, 08:39:50 AM »

Music Tribe announces Enterprise Distribution Partner.
https://tinyurl.com/y9rcgynx 

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2020, 07:54:23 PM »

Music Tribe announces Enterprise Distribution Partner.
https://tinyurl.com/y9rcgynx
Yep, we've received that name from our Dealer Rep already (I didn't include that information on my Reddit post because I wasn't certain it was for-public-release yet... clearly it is now!).

Not sure how fast AVL will get up to speed, though. Although I still have a 100m cat5e spool and a DL32 in stock so yay! I presume that the pricing will not be changing with the move to AVL, but I'll loop y'all in when I know more.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2020, 12:43:06 PM »

I've been a AVL/Intellimix dealer for a several years. If there's a glimmer of silver lining around this cloud, it's that all my dealings with them have been positive. I'm not a huge fan of Behringer, but the Canadian Distributor (AVL/Intellimix) has been solid.
Best of luck to everyone in the New Year.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber