ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portacom interfacing and compatability  (Read 1358 times)

Jimmy Knight

Portacom interfacing and compatability
« on: December 05, 2020, 05:12:17 PM »

I am in "soft" retirement and helping out the city's TV production dept.  They have a Portacom system, basic, but there doesn't seem to be schematics and technical information available. I have 40 years experience with all professional intercom systems and have made plenty of mods and interfaces. Any technical info would be appreciated but the simplest question is how close in audio level is it to RTS TW? From the little I have gathered it is pin and voltage compatible. Thanks for any help in my search.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Portacom interfacing and compatability
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 06:32:03 PM »

I am in "soft" retirement and helping out the city's TV production dept.  They have a Portacom system, basic, but there doesn't seem to be schematics and technical information available. I have 40 years experience with all professional intercom systems and have made plenty of mods and interfaces. Any technical info would be appreciated but the simplest question is how close in audio level is it to RTS TW? From the little I have gathered it is pin and voltage compatible. Thanks for any help in my search.

I don't kn0w the exact Portacom spec, but it is a Clear Com compatible. Clear Com is -10dB audio level while RTS TW is +4dB. Both use a nominal 30V supply, CC powers on pin 2 with audio on pin 3 while RTS can power on either pin 2 (chB) or 3(ch A).

Mac

Jimmy Knight

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 08:50:12 PM »

I don't kn0w the exact Portacom spec, but it is a Clear Com compatible. Clear Com is -10dB audio level while RTS TWF is +4dB. Both use a nominal 30V supply, CC powers on pin 2 with audio on pin 3 while RTS can power on either pin 2 (chB) or 3(ch A).

Mac
From their specs they seem to be more RTS TW than CC. They are modulating voltage on pin 2 as channel one and pin 3 is audio only as channel 2. RTS is the same.  CC is power only on pin 2 and audio on 3. RTS has never been +4. I need a lot more information, schematics would help. Thanks anyway.

Jimmy Knight

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 06:06:48 PM »

Has anyone tried to use an RTS TW speaker station such as a RMS-300 with the Portacom system?

doug johnson2

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 12:37:00 PM »

A little late to the show but, Porta-Com is/was an Anchor Audio product.  You might try contacting them directly with your questions.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 12:37:00 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.