Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > AC Power and Grounding

Drop signal - Soundcraft Si Impact and a Mini Stagebox 32

(1/2) > >>

Jerome Miller:
Hi all! I am new to this forum, but wanted to see if anyone has experienced these same issue I have. I am running a Soundcraft Si Impact board and a mini stagebox 32. Anytime something is plugged into a power outlet, the stagebox drops the signal for 1-2 seconds. I have even put the stagebox on a separate breaker, but I still have this drop out. I assume this is still a power issue. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Doug Fowler:
Read the rules, fix your display name.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Art Welter:

--- Quote from: Jerome Miller on December 03, 2020, 10:54:53 PM ---Anytime something is plugged into a power outlet, the stagebox drops the signal for 1-2 seconds. I have even put the stagebox on a separate breaker, but I still have this drop out.

--- End quote ---
Jerome,

What do you mean by "Anytime something is plugged into a power outlet"?
Any AC power outlet in the building, or a specific duplex or power strip?

Have you checked your AC source(s) for proper wiring and voltage?

Art

Dave Garoutte:
I had a similar issue at a community outdoor event (not mine) with a UI24.
Every time the music got loud it would drop out.
Turns out the 300 FEET of extension cord the park supplied was dropping the voltage down to around 85 volts (measured) causing brown outs to the UI and the Nord on stage.
The UI would reset after a few seconds when the voltage went back up.
Ended up swapping for a smaller analog board and kept the volume down.
After I suggested they put in a 20 amp outlet near the stage, the next year they ran TWO 300 FOOT CORDS!
This is the perfect application for a UPS.

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: Dave Garoutte on May 10, 2021, 03:34:11 PM ---This is the perfect application for a Generator.

--- End quote ---

Fixed it for you.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version