ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mongoose Microwave Digital Snake System  (Read 6113 times)

James Paul

Mongoose Microwave Digital Snake System
« on: December 01, 2020, 09:56:02 PM »

Upon having thumbed across recent FleeBay & Reevurb postings recalled to memory this now defunct product and manufacturer.
Perhaps someone may care to share further info, insights, and first hand experiences.
https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/archives/mongoose-debuts-microwave-digital-snake-system

Kenneth Berger

• VUE Audiotechnik
Re: Mongoose Microwave Digital Snake System
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 06:58:52 PM »

Upon having thumbed across recent FleeBay & Reevurb postings recalled to memory this now defunct product and manufacturer.
Perhaps someone may care to share further info, insights, and first hand experiences.
https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/archives/mongoose-debuts-microwave-digital-snake-system

I was working with Don Moses on this when he passed away ending development on this totally unique product.  Here is a photo from InfoComm 2008 (I will post the datasheet in the next post).  Please feel free to ask any question you might have and will try and answer them.
Ken
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 07:01:28 PM by Kenneth Berger »

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 09:49:55 AM »

I had the idea for a microwave snake back in the early 80's.

I felt one of the problems would be that back in those days, bars, smaller venues were usually full of smoke and that could interfere with the signal, making it drop out.  not good during a show.

Of course a stronger signal would help/overcome that, but at what expense.

At the time I was working with Duke Power company in their communications division, and would encounter first hand how clouds would affect microwave signals.  Of course the distances were much greater, but still could be problem.

I know this doesn't give you any information, but your post reminded me of an idea I had decades ago.  Just like the I idea I had for switching amplifiers and greater efficiency, before they became commonly available.  I was thinking of doing it differently, and probably would have had some problems, but the idea was basically there.  And line array modules before there were line array modules and so forth.  Yes my idea for line arrays would have had all sorts of problems, now that I understand how audio and the physics behind it works, but hey, it was a good idea at the time.  Or so I thought  HAHA
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 02:41:48 PM »

You should buy one and use it to heat up burritos at FOH on those long festival days.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 02:41:48 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.