ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic Mixer/Manual Mixer  (Read 488 times)

Chris Phillips

Automatic Mixer/Manual Mixer
« on: November 30, 2020, 03:58:36 pm »

Good afternoon. I have been updating the audio systems at various schools in our district. All of the elementary and middle schools now have Shure SCM 810 Automatic mixers and are functioning nicely.
My question is for the high schools. We are installing the SCM810 Automatic mixers, which will be used the vast majority of the time. However, there are some events, that will require the use of a regular mixer (Yamaha MG 16XU)  What is the best way to set this up? There are 6 total microphone jacks on stage and we will have three wireless microphones as well.

What is the best way to have everything connected to the automatic mixer, but then connected to the main mixer for manual mixing when needed? Do I direct out each mic channel to the Yamaha mixer?
I have seen a key switch in the past that switched between automatic and manual. May anyone please explain this further?  Thank you so much.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber