ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am trying to decide between a pair of DAS Audio Vantec 12a's or EV EKX 15p's?  (Read 1859 times)

Ryan Ashley

Hello everyone!

Question:

I have an EV ekx 18sp sub on the way, bought it for its lightweight and pretty decent bang for the buck but now I need my tops.
Ev ekx 15p is appealing bc I have one of their subs and know ekx is 2nd to the top of their line of powered speakers.

DAS is appealing bc it's made in Spain and supposedly crafter very well with dynamic big clean sound. Also, I want something different then what post people have.

So yea... who's got an opinion on this matter?

I appreciate anytime you give this.

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
Real names are required to participate here
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 06:39:20 PM »

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.
Thanks
Craig
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's

D.A.S is a good company, but so is EV. Since you're already invested in the EV subs, You may as well get the same model tops. This will ensure a more seamless integration and you won't have to do as much messing around with settings to make them work the way they were intended.

That being said, I would go with the 12" EKX as opposed to the 15" model. You have a sub already, so using a 15" with a sub pretty much makes ANY low-end extension a 15" offers, useless or moot. I.E. the 12" will work just as well and you will save a couple of dollars. I have used the EKX line a couple of times and they work rather well. D.A.S is more popular in the European region, obviously, so if you are in the USA, you won't see too many of them. In 17 years of doing sound, I have only seen 1 D.A.S rig brought into a gig, I didn't get to hear it though. I too considered one of their higher lines but decided to go with RCF.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

John Lackner

The EKX line is the only EV powered speaker in the lineup that is fan cooled. If you work outside in the hot sun this could matter.
Do you HEAR what you SEE? "Listen with your eyes, look with your ears" - Captain Beefheart

Paul G. OBrien

The EKX line is the only EV powered speaker in the lineup that is fan cooled.

WTF! I never noticed that before and I own a set.. EKX12p's over EKX18sp's. And yeah... I have never seen them get into thermal stress while just about every time I have used an ETX sub it gets into thermal limiting after about an hour of DJ use. What was EV thinking not putting a fan on the even more powerful flagship series?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 10:44:33 AM by Paul G. OBrien »

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.