Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

Is all "CAT6" cable the same, performance-wise

<< < (2/2)

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Nathan Riddle on November 23, 2020, 09:54:16 PM ---
This is super cheap, but very good: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HEM68XA/

--- End quote ---

I have been using these for some time for everything else other than my D Snake (that uses ethercon connections).
So mixer > switch > router.
Lighting art net dongle > switch > router.
Router > Ubiquiti POE > Mesh WAP.
So 6 in total....They have been the most reliable ethernet cables I have ever used.

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC:

--- Quote from: Andrew Broughton on November 23, 2020, 02:55:06 PM ---People are telling me that this cable is too cheap so it must be no good.
What spec is it not meeting?

--- End quote ---
Buying no-name cable off the internet is like buying a car from a used car salesman. You can't believe anything they say.

-Hal

Tim Hite:

--- Quote from: Debbie Dunkley on November 24, 2020, 09:49:36 AM ---I have been using these for some time for everything else other than my D Snake (that uses ethercon connections).
So mixer > switch > router.
Lighting art net dongle > switch > router.
Router > Ubiquiti POE > Mesh WAP.
So 6 in total....They have been the most reliable ethernet cables I have ever used.

--- End quote ---

Are you using all Ubiquiti stuff there? USG router or something else?

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Tim Hite on November 25, 2020, 02:36:28 AM ---Are you using all Ubiquiti stuff there? USG router or something else?

--- End quote ---

I use the Ubiquiti as an extender to the router which has worked great. This is the way we set it up when I first got it - one of the reasons at the time being so that I can connect directly to the router if need be for quickness when testing at home and such. Everything is prewired and racked so easy to pull out real quick to mess with.
My plan was at some point to only use the Ubiquiti mesh and re-program everything - but it's been so reliable this way I don't want to change anything. I'm getting crazy good distances from the Mesh to my iPad - probably more than twice as far as I did with just the router.
Everything goes through a rack mounted ethernet switch - hence why I need 6 cables.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version