Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > HistoryOfConcertSound.org

Early Marshall Line Sources

<< < (4/4)

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Daniel Levi on November 27, 2020, 04:24:25 AM ---I would assume pretty deaf by this point unless he had hearing protection, must have been deafening concerts.

I suppose back in the day given that PA's were not as directional as they can be now, without delay stacks, you needed a lot more volume out front to get a decent level at the back.

--- End quote ---
I believe it was Angus from AC/DC that once said "Lads, if we can land a man on the moon, why can't they hear my guitar at the back of the hall?"
AC/DC was never known to have a quiet stage.....
Chris.

Jeff Bankston:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on November 27, 2020, 01:16:38 AM ---
ManoWar's audio engineer Jeff Hair is a Cleveland audio legend.  Really nice guy too.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10155221681288517

https://www.camco-audio.com/news2.html

--- End quote ---
I went to a manowar concert at the Country Club in Reseda Ca. It was so loud my earplugs ran away. I stayed for 2 songs and ran away.

Lee Buckalew:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on November 27, 2020, 01:16:38 AM ---
ManoWar's audio engineer Jeff Hair is a Cleveland audio legend.  Really nice guy too.

--- End quote ---

Topic swerve.

I've never met Jeff but Scott Columbus, Manowar's drummer throughout the '80's used to sit in with a high school rock band that I ran sound for (when I was in high school in the 80's).  Scott was a good guy. RIP.

Lee Buckalew

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Jeff Bankston on November 27, 2020, 10:07:35 PM ---I went to a manowar concert at the Country Club in Reseda Ca. It was so loud my earplugs ran away. I stayed for 2 songs and ran away.

--- End quote ---
Tom Danley likes to tell the story from the '80s when Manowar visited Intersonics, interested in the Servodrive cabinets.

They were "decked out" as usual, and walking down a hallway, when some NASA guys in white coats came into the same hallway, and the NASA guys pinned themselves against the wall, hoping they would not be killed-----------

Intersonics made gear for the space Shuttle (their primary business) and loud sub cabinets in the same building, under the same management.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version