ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure's M Band Equipment  (Read 3344 times)

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
Re: Shure's M Band Equipment
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 11:45:43 PM »

Additionally, on some of Shure's products, you can get firmware updates that block out the banned frequencies.  This doesn't change the FCC ID sticker on the product, so even an exterior inspection may not be enough to know if the equipment is OK.

My understanding from looking at the Shure firmware update (Frequency Conversion Tool) is that part of the process is they issue you with new  stickers to reflect the new restricted tuning range/output power of the updated units.
It's only applicable to QLX-D, ULX-D, Axient and PSM1000 in the J and L bands.
Cheers!

Don Boomer

• RF Venue
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 01:33:19 PM »

"oh, we don't use it anymore, it stopped working all of a sudden a little while ago". Then all I have to do is give them the bad news that all the trade-ins have ended!)

Of course they may be back if the FCC proceeds with the T band auction that is still on the books unless Congress repeals it. :)
Don Boomer
Senior applications engineer
RF Venue, Inc.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 02:38:29 PM »

Of course they may be back if the FCC proceeds with the T band auction that is still on the books unless Congress repeals it. :)

There don't seem to be any rumblings of that change happening north of the 49th, at least not that I can find?

-Russ

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2020, 09:07:14 PM »

Thanks to everyone who chimed in.  I'd heard several comments pretty much like Brian's, that brought me here.  And, as you can tell by my post, I was okay with the spirit of the law, until other factors were brought forth.  A shopping I will go!

But to carry on the conversation Scott started; In the somewhat unlikely event that the FCC came bustin' through the venue door (what ever venue that might be) with RF scanners blazing, who would be on the hook for the use of an illegal wireless system?  The artist that brought it? The company the leased it to them?  The venue hosting the event.  The sound company amplifying it?  Or will they just ticket everyone and see what sticks in court?
This space for rent

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »

Thanks to everyone who chimed in.  I'd heard several comments pretty much like Brian's, that brought me here.  And, as you can tell by my post, I was okay with the spirit of the law, until other factors were brought forth.  A shopping I will go!

But to carry on the conversation Scott started; In the somewhat unlikely event that the FCC came bustin' through the venue door (what ever venue that might be) with RF scanners blazing, who would be on the hook for the use of an illegal wireless system?  The artist that brought it? The company the leased it to them?  The venue hosting the event.  The sound company amplifying it?  Or will they just ticket everyone and see what sticks in court?

The operator is responsible.  And knowing how litigious people think, those most likely to be judged as operators and pay that fine are 1) the owner of the equipment, 2) the person or persons who deployed it to its operating location, and 3) the person who powered up the equipment.

You don't want to be any of those people.  Financial liabilities aside, you surely don't want to be one who feels that rules only apply to those convinced that they might get caught.   ;)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 09:19:27 AM by Jason Glass »

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 10:04:52 PM »

There don't seem to be any rumblings of that change happening north of the 49th, at least not that I can find?

US House of Representatives passed H.R.451 - Don't Break Up the T-Band Act of 2020 on 9/24/2020. It now sits in the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. It is expected to be acted upon before the 2021 auction deadline, but likely not before FCC has to go through all sorts of machinations, spending time and money they don't have, to prepare for the auction just in case.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 03:52:00 PM »

US House of Representatives passed H.R.451 - Don't Break Up the T-Band Act of 2020 on 9/24/2020. It now sits in the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. It is expected to be acted upon before the 2021 auction deadline, but likely not before FCC has to go through all sorts of machinations, spending time and money they don't have, to prepare for the auction just in case.

Sorry, I should have been clearer: to the best of my knowledge, ISED Canada has no plans (mandated or otherwise) to auction off parts of the lower UHF TV band, so no trade-ins for us either way. :)

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 03:52:00 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.