ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: x32 Outputs (BUS) issue  (Read 5535 times)

Scott MacDonald

x32 Outputs (BUS) issue
« on: November 13, 2020, 06:21:11 PM »

Morning,

Short version:  Out 1-5 would appear to be 'not working' on our x32

Long version:  Tuned on the x32 one day pre-wave1 of COVID and noted that I had no monitors.  Spent a little while isolating each step in the chain between input-routing-outputs-multicore-stage box-monitors.  Has another engineer check and re-check my settings etc and to no avail.  So it's been 6 mths and we are about to relaunch live church and still cannot get an output from these bus's - despite the signal being very clearly sent on the desk.

Is it possible they are dead?

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: x32 Outputs (BUS) issue
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 06:48:06 PM »

Is the issue you are having the physical outs not working, or the bus not passing signal no matter where you patch it for an output?

If it's the signal not passing, one thing to check is make sure the bus wasn't assigned to a DCA.  I've seen people get bitten by that more than once.  Everything seems great, but the DCA is down, and you lose whatever is assigned to it.

The fact that you're saying it's outs 1-5 is pointing more towards a config or patching issue, since hardware issues would more likely mess up groups of 4 or 8, not specifically 5.

If all else fails, have you tried a full factory restore of the board?  Sometimes you can miss a setting and a factory reset gets you to a known starting point at least.
Brian Jojade

Scott MacDonald

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 08:20:55 PM »

Is the issue you are having the physical outs not working, or the bus not passing signal no matter where you patch it for an output?

If it's the signal not passing, one thing to check is make sure the bus wasn't assigned to a DCA.  I've seen people get bitten by that more than once.  Everything seems great, but the DCA is down, and you lose whatever is assigned to it.

The fact that you're saying it's outs 1-5 is pointing more towards a config or patching issue, since hardware issues would more likely mess up groups of 4 or 8, not specifically 5.

If all else fails, have you tried a full factory restore of the board?  Sometimes you can miss a setting and a factory reset gets you to a known starting point at least.

Thanks Brian.

Physical outs not works.  I have re-routed BUS 1-4 to other out's and they worked fine.

Resetting - had thought about it, just need to ensure everything important is saved to USB!

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 09:45:19 AM »

Thanks Brian.

Physical outs not works.  I have re-routed BUS 1-4 to other out's and they worked fine.

Resetting - had thought about it, just need to ensure everything important is saved to USB!

Not everything is saved in a scene so be sure to write down all setup info so you can make sure it gets set back to where you want it. You might also lose any library info but you can save all of that separately.

Before you reset the console I would suggest that you copy your main scene to a drop box and post the link here and some of us can take a look at it and see if there is anything that looks like it might be causing your problem. Is the X32 using any of the Behringer or Midas stage boxes?

Scott MacDonald

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 07:54:49 PM »

Not everything is saved in a scene so be sure to write down all setup info so you can make sure it gets set back to where you want it. You might also lose any library info but you can save all of that separately.

Before you reset the console I would suggest that you copy your main scene to a drop box and post the link here and some of us can take a look at it and see if there is anything that looks like it might be causing your problem. Is the X32 using any of the Behringer or Midas stage boxes?

Cheers.  No - currently running analogue to stage (m/core)

So I took it down (cables) and did some further testing.  Out 1-8 I only get noise.  Out 1 and 2 noise is different in that there is a popping sound every 2-3 seconds.  No signal outputting no matter what I do or change.  Out 9-16 there are nil issues.

Will have to wait to do hard reset as we have a lot of streaming / recordings happening almost everyday up until Christmas

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 10:09:42 PM »

Cheers.  No - currently running analogue to stage (m/core)

So I took it down (cables) and did some further testing.  Out 1-8 I only get noise.  Out 1 and 2 noise is different in that there is a popping sound every 2-3 seconds.  No signal outputting no matter what I do or change.  Out 9-16 there are nil issues.

Will have to wait to do hard reset as we have a lot of streaming / recordings happening almost everyday up until Christmas

I repeat --  I would suggest that you copy your main scene to a drop box and post the link here and some of us can take a look at it and see if there is anything that looks like it might be causing your problem.

Scott MacDonald

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 10:16:19 PM »

I repeat --  I would suggest that you copy your main scene to a drop box and post the link here and some of us can take a look at it and see if there is anything that looks like it might be causing your problem.

Heading down tonight and will do so then

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 12:56:08 AM »

Ok, now that you have issues in a group of 8, that’s pointing more to a hardware issue since the output hardware is groups of 8.

If you do a reset and the problem persists, you may want to open the unit and simply reseat the connections inside. Otherwise it would have to be sent in for service.
Brian Jojade

Scott MacDonald

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 04:37:30 AM »

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 08:52:02 AM »

Where are you located?  Maybe you can take your scene to another desk and see if it follows the scene.  That would be a fast way to verify if it's software or hardware.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 08:52:02 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.