ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Behringer FLOW 8 Digital Mixer  (Read 22585 times)

Daniel Levi

Re: NEW: Behringer FLOW 8 Digital Mixer
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 01:57:13 PM »

Not €299, it is €199.

That's me not checking after typing, 199€ is what I meant, I got the price differential right at least, Thomann have the XR12 at 259€ inc. 19% tax on the German site. 
Original post also corrected.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2020, 02:59:29 PM »

Ah, ok.

A big diff from the xr12 is the multitrack option via usb. The xr12 can’t connect to your phone/tablet either using coreaudio. It is also perfect if you are a youtuber or similar and need to connect several audio sources to your camera, if you are outside and have no access to power.

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised when using it...

That's me not checking after typing, 199€ is what I meant, I got the price differential right at least, Thomann have the XR12 at 259€ inc. 19% tax on the German site. 
Original post also corrected.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2020, 07:57:55 PM »

Hmmm....that may be nice for acoustic duo gigs.

Bluetooth connectivity for remote seems interesting.  Curious to see how stable it ends up being.
If they used a Bluetooth class 1 transceiver, it should be just fine within around 300 feet.  Keep in mind that BT operates on the 2.4Ghz band; however, I can tell you from experience in BT design, that because of the newer BT modules and their ability to frequency hop, I have had significant success with throughput and range even in a CRAZY crowded AAPEX show in Vegas where there was no possible way to get any 2.4Ghz WiFi throughput yet the BT was able to stream live vehicle data operating at high speed CAN speeds until around 300 feet!  This was in the worst possible scenario for BT.  Of course, it all depends on the components used, the effectiveness of the integrated antenna, and the connection parameters they employed.  My team spent considerable time researching and comparing bluetooth options before we settled on our implementation.

Hopefully Behringer spent the time to do it right as well.

I wonder how the sound quality compares to my trusty ZED 10fx?  Robert, do you know the details of the channel processing?  (and if you do, can you tell us ;) ).

Scott Bolt

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 08:05:10 PM »

The mic stand mechanicals look like a terrible idea.  That is a pretty serious lever they have implemented.  I got a dollar that says something breaks.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2020, 11:29:54 PM »

I think it has a place.  Want to take a look.  This may be just what Art was looking for going to revisit that thread.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2020, 12:57:38 AM »

[...] This may be just what Art was looking for going to revisit that thread.

That's funny; that was exactly the reaction I had!

-Russ

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 03:10:04 AM »

No moving faders. No ethernet control. No thanks.
Just the motorised faders would make it more attractive for me.

Steve.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2020, 07:56:24 AM »

This is exactly what I've been looking for. I found it crazy there was nothing compact with enough IO for one or two singers + instruments while having monitors and some basic FX.

Analog or digital but extra dsp of digital is nice for EQ and comp!

Slam-dunk IMO. Weve been looking for something with faders that can do what xair18 can do.

Definitely will grab one to use in place of the xair18 for faders.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

John Fruits

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2020, 08:39:58 AM »

This looks like the US price:
Sweetwater
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2020, 11:13:09 AM »

Currently the channel processing is fairly basic with four fixed eq bands, hpf, single knob compressor. Enought for the basic stuff.

They had less advanced users in mind, but there is talk about making it a bit more advanced based upon user feedback.

I found nothing bad with the preamps. Using a sm7b on a whisperer without a cloudlifter would be a stretch though ;-)

I would be able to mix a small band/jazz-trio without any apparent issues. I found it to be a great soundcard for my laptop, especially since it can run on usb power and the headphone output is delivering a loud signal. Only caveat for some users could be that it is currently locked at 48k. This doesn’t bother me since I’ve settled on 48k since many years, but people doing 44k may disagree.

Hopefully Behringer spent the time to do it right as well.

I wonder how the sound quality compares to my trusty ZED 10fx?  Robert, do you know the details of the channel processing?  (and if you do, can you tell us ;) ).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2020, 11:13:09 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.