ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Behringer FLOW 8 Digital Mixer  (Read 22556 times)

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
Re: NEW: Behringer FLOW 8 Digital Mixer
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2021, 11:37:29 AM »

Agreed. I'd like to see more XLR inputs on the MR12, but that's an attractive price.
Er, that would be the MR18...

Those import taxes really are biting you in the US - technology is for once cheaper in the UK, even with our 20% sales taxes!

I've still never really got the point of the X/MR 12 & 16.  The 18 is only a little more, maxes out the I/O and has XLR everywhere.  I always find it hard to find a scenario where the 12 or 16 would always be the right solution.

Daniel Levi

« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2021, 12:37:11 PM »

I've just managed to get an unused Flow 8 for £170 + shipping so it will be interesting to see what it's like. I will be using it for home use connecting a keyboard, mic and PC as my simple living room setup, I have an XR12 so it will be an interesting comparison.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2021, 04:12:42 PM »

In the spirit of the season, this thread is being resurrected to update inventory status. I received a call today (07 April, 2021) that the Behringer Flow 8 I preordered in mid-November 2020 shipped from the candy store today. Should be here in a couple of days.

Dave

Same, FedEx tracking says 14th. Woot can't wait.

---

Besides the app being a bit cumbersome, I think the physical UI will be a major winner.
Just had an event last night with exactly the use case for this piece of equipment (2x K12's, one mic)

Block Diagram FTW, so refreshing to see this!

Can anyone find the output delay feature?

I've successfully found the PEQ enable under setup>preferences>Full Parametric.
https://youtu.be/54iMNjnXV1Y
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 04:16:58 PM by Nathan Riddle »
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Daniel Levi

« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2021, 05:27:29 PM »

I have seen in the preferences page that it mentions the output delay and how much there is but there is no visible way to control it, I wonder if it's missing in demo mode, noting that in demo mode none of the sliders work for me, though I am on a Kindle fire (HD10) and the app was installed from the APK not via the app store.

Nick Houweling

« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2021, 08:45:43 PM »

I own the Flow 8 and noticed you can delay mains and monitor mixes from the menu on the unit under output on the screen itself.
Cheers

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2021, 04:41:13 PM »

You can currently only set the delay on the flow itself. The app is lacking in this area. However, the app will show you the set delay on its setup page.

I have seen in the preferences page that it mentions the output delay and how much there is but there is no visible way to control it, I wonder if it's missing in demo mode, noting that in demo mode none of the sliders work for me, though I am on a Kindle fire (HD10) and the app was installed from the APK not via the app store.

Daniel Levi

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2021, 03:19:38 AM »

You can currently only set the delay on the flow itself. The app is lacking in this area. However, the app will show you the set delay on its setup page.

Thought as much, it's no issue in my use case as it just being used a simple mic/keyboard/laptop mixer for just messing around. Be interesting to see how it compares to the XR12.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2021, 10:48:48 AM »

Same, FedEx tracking says 14th. Woot can't wait.

Good luck!

Mine arrived yesterday. After installing the app on my android phone and attempting to connect to the Flow 8, a message to update the firmware was presented. Be prepared to connect yours to a USB port on a computer and run the update (found a good youtube video on that).

I'm finding the app slightly less than intuitive, but managed to find the Parametric EQ channel strip. Nice to have 4 PEQ bands in addition to the HPF. Once set, having channel faders and a master volume knob should be enough for the sort of scenario you described. This *should* see a lot of use!

Thanks for posting the block diagram, BTW,

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2021, 12:07:33 PM »

So after playing with my Flow 8 some and ordering at G-Mixerbag-0909 from Amazon [haven't used it on a gig yet, coulda I just didn't have it in a bag by event time...used xair18 instead].

I can say it's a pretty solid little mixer that will do everything I want(ed).

I want a bit more though... lol

I agree with Dave, APP is a bit cumbersome; I hope mixing station might get an update to work with it over BT :)

Compressor - Threshold, Ratio, & makeup gain are a must. [I haven't yet tested these; but IME the auto-compressor settings on all devices suck]
PEQ - Why does the 4-band GEQ get a curve but the PEQ doesn't :( [changing these is also a bit cumbersome]
Delay - Can't access delay settings from App (At least I can't find it.)
Post Fader Monitor Sends. As it stands, there's no way to do a 'delay-tower' for mixing live. One mic or playback might be doable.

Everything else is pretty intuitive, hardware controls are great.
Firmware update...is easy enough (but you must install the USB drivers first).
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2021, 12:07:33 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.