ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Behringer FLOW 8 Digital Mixer  (Read 22951 times)

Robert Lofgren

Re: NEW: Behringer FLOW 8 Digital Mixer
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2020, 02:49:26 PM »

This is not correct.

BT-audio and BT-control can be used simultaneously. Even better is that this can be on a single or separate devices if you want to.

Largest restriction IMO is BT audio and BT control isnt possible. Only one at a time.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2020, 03:31:07 PM »

Well then, in that case, then the obvious is to implement the user choice of a simple/advanced UI tab, with additional advanced features of mic channel polarity, PEQ, EFX to mons 1&2, choice of PEQ or GEQ on outputs, I/O delays to the extent available via DSP resources. Throw in a Talent button, and then I click Buy Now.

Can we get that as a Waves plug in? ;D
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2020, 03:41:06 PM »

It’s called ‘mute’  8)

Can we get that as a Waves plug in? ;D

Daniel Levi

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2020, 03:47:08 PM »

It’s called ‘mute’  8)

Though that was wat the Bluetooth audio playback was for, so you could "bring" the talent, of course even better when combined with the microphone mute button  ;D

John L Nobile

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2020, 03:51:24 PM »

I would think that they would listen to all the feature addition suggestions and bring out a pro model with a bit of a higher price tag. Budget boards have never had any of the things people are asking for. We've always had to pay more for these features but they usually also come with better quality.

Perhaps a Midas Glow 8?

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2020, 03:20:10 AM »

The Flow8 is short 10 mic inputs, two monitor outputs, and doesn't have the EQ, comps or gates I'm looking for in a small mixer, so no go for me.
The Flow8 does look like a good bang for the buck, it would cover the needs for a lot of small gigs without being overly complicated.

Agreed. Something to do the small events which we used to use a Mix Wizard for would be great.

Steve.

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2020, 04:08:30 AM »

Agreed. Something to do the small events which we used to use a Mix Wizard for would be great.

I'm confused. The flow8 is a 200 euro mixer. The A&H Wz4 is 1000 euro. With a few compressors, gates, EQ and FX at least 2000. Why is the comparison made? Wouldn't the M32r or A&H Qu be more comparable? Or just buy a Wz4 if you miss it that much.

(something with cake and too)

I do agree the current flow8 is almost unusable for professionals, but i guess they were never the target anyway.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2020, 04:54:47 AM »

Wouldn't the M32r or A&H Qu be more comparable? Or just buy a Wz4 if you miss it that much.

I'm not really comparing. I have an M32R, but sometimes it's a bit big for small acoustic/folk events. Something a bit like an updated, digital Mix Wizard, but a bit smaller and with real controls would be good. 16, 12 or even 8 channels, all XLR input.

Perhaps that's covered by the DigiLive range. http://www.studiomaster.com/digitalmixing/digilive16/

Steve.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2020, 07:35:19 AM »

I'm not really comparing. I have an M32R, but sometimes it's a bit big for small acoustic/folk events. Something a bit like an updated, digital Mix Wizard, but a bit smaller and with real controls would be good. 16, 12 or even 8 channels, all XLR input.

Perhaps that's covered by the DigiLive range. http://www.studiomaster.com/digitalmixing/digilive16/

Steve.

The QU16 is more or less a digital Mix Wizard.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2020, 01:44:43 PM »

The QU16 is more or less a digital Mix Wizard.
Yes! I loved the feature set and bang-for-buck that the MixWiz3 14:4:2 brought to the table.

The next step up would have been an APB ProRack-House, and after that digital consoles basically take over in the features & flexibility department.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2020, 01:44:43 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.