ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best PAR56 LED wash for Church?  (Read 421 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Best PAR56 LED wash for Church?
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 12:18:27 pm »

I mostly agree here.  I generally like using white lights for the front wash.  The only case I could see for having mix available is if you wanted to adjust the color temperature.  But RGB is unnecessary for that.

Put enough lights out for the wash, then use whatever RGB fixtures to get the color effects you want to use.

So many stages I've seen where they skip the wash and it looks like hell....

All day long and twice on Sunday!

I have all my "front" lighting as Warm White Leko's or fresnels from the same manufaturer and in the same color temp (Chauvet Warm White). I then put color fixtures overhead shooting almost straight down. It gives a nice layered effect. You can dim the front lights and have the overhead washes coming down and hitting the talent and it looks "dark" but you can still see everyone. Then fade up the front wash when they sing and it makes a nice dramatic change. You can not acheive this with just changing the color alone.

For example, the Preacher and the Keyboard player are fully lit here, but the rest of the band is only lit from overhead using my full color washes, in a matching warm white, but still only overhead. https://youtu.be/Ijs_aAM6gDM?t=3859

Then starting here we fade up the front wash to bring focus back to the band.
https://youtu.be/Ijs_aAM6gDM?t=4276
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Best PAR56 LED wash for Church?
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 12:18:27 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.