ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless in-ears that won't deliver down low  (Read 4942 times)

John P. Whiteker

Re: Wireless in-ears that won't deliver down low
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 02:40:51 PM »

I appreciate all the ideas and personal testimonials. I think I will try to feed a Rx signal back through and see what the RTA looks like. (X32).  I also like the option of trying these other buds. I don't think it will completely solve it, but may help. It doesn't help that my worship leader craves a REALLY strong bass guitar and kick signal. You guys would flip out if you saw the EQ on my electric kick (conversation for another future thread). Third problem... worship leader has very small ears and most IEM's are pretty huge, even customs. We shall see where we end up.
Behringer X32
Crown XTI power amps 4002 for mains & 6002 for subs
JBL J-Arry mains
JBL Subs

Matthias McCready

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2020, 03:25:50 PM »

Third problem... worship leader has very small ears and most IEM's are pretty huge, even customs. We shall see where we end up.

This could certainly be an issue as well; if you do not get a proper fit and a tight seal there will be problems with volume and low end.

--

For universal ears look into Comply Isolation tips.

I second the recommendation for the KZ's for decent cheap ears.

The ZST is about $18, and it is a dual driver model. It has pretty decent low end. The ZST does not like being driven hard.

The ZS6 is about $48, and it is a quad driver model. It gets more it goes lower than the ZST, however the top end is about 6dB too much in my opinion.

I had a pair of both years back, and I actually preferred the ZST, it was flatter. However there are those that would prefer the ZS6.

--

I knew a vocalist who would always DIME their IEM pack; at one point a coworker, noticing this, suggested the vocalists give the manufacturer of their custom IEM's a call, sure enough the company had accidentally installed the wrong set of molds, and thereby this vocalist had never had a good seal.

--

If you do not have a decent set of cans I recommend that. They can be a good reference when checking IEM problems, as IEM sound is so dependent on the unit and the persons ears.
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 03:35:11 PM »

Looking at the user manual between Galaxy Audio  60 hz to 15k hz.   and Shure PSM300  38 hz to 15khz.   So big difference on the ability to send lows.  Bass will have trouble with the lower notes on Galaxy. 

Steven Cohen

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 10:17:45 AM »

I recently purchased a pair of Future Sonics MG6 for both professional and personal use. So far I have only used them for personal use with my phone or computer driving them. While they get loud enough, the bass response is just OK. Perhaps I am expecting too much from an ear monitor? I will try them when I have a chance with our PSM 1000 and see if that makes a major difference. Someone also suggested I get a portable DAC/Amp for personal listening use.

It's the ears buds that are at fault.  Change to Future Sonics molded ears for the best in industry low end.

https://futuresonics.com/

even their non mold ears have more bass than any other product.

PAULBORDON

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2020, 11:46:53 AM »

we cannot get them to deliver a decent signal with bass guitar or electric kick drum without distorting.
This headphone amp/augmenter has 3 levels of bass boost.  Battery lasts 4 hrs or so... perfect for worship service... And REALLY a Cheap alternative to buying whole monitor systems and rack EQ's
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 01:15:48 PM by PAULBORDON »
Paul Bordon

John P. Whiteker

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2020, 05:54:26 PM »

So, I'm not sure this little fact is going to solve all my problems, but it might help several people.  I recently had some power issues with another piece of gear and the manufacturer found out I had been using 2000 mAh NiMH AA rechargeable batteries. So... these batteries are quite capable of delivering 1.5-1.6 VDC nominal voltage. However, these batteries will not deliver sufficient amperage that many wireless units require to function properly. You see, the standard alkaline AA non-rechargeable battery delivers about 2.3 mAh. These rechargeables will typically be 2.0 mAh or a little less after a few charge cycles. Who knew?!  So, lots of gear out there may not be rocking at full potential if you're running rechargeables. Just food for thought.
Behringer X32
Crown XTI power amps 4002 for mains & 6002 for subs
JBL J-Arry mains
JBL Subs

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2020, 11:11:26 PM »

So, I'm not sure this little fact is going to solve all my problems, but it might help several people.  I recently had some power issues with another piece of gear and the manufacturer found out I had been using 2000 mAh NiMH AA rechargeable batteries. So... these batteries are quite capable of delivering 1.5-1.6 VDC nominal voltage. However, these batteries will not deliver sufficient amperage that many wireless units require to function properly. You see, the standard alkaline AA non-rechargeable battery delivers about 2.3 mAh. These rechargeables will typically be 2.0 mAh or a little less after a few charge cycles. Who knew?!  So, lots of gear out there may not be rocking at full potential if you're running rechargeables. Just food for thought.

I've run Ansmann rechargeables for over a decade.  Never have had the issues you are reporting.  Cirque du Soleil uses them too. 

A lower mAh number just means that for the given draw it will run for a shorter time than a higher rated cell.  Unless a cell just plain isn't able to deliver above a certain current rating then mAh will have no bearing on the ability of the cell to power a specific piece of gear assuming it's providing the required voltage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2020, 11:11:26 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.