ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lab Gruppen moves all manufacturing to Asia  (Read 1865 times)

Riley Casey

Lab Gruppen moves all manufacturing to Asia
« on: October 29, 2020, 10:30:43 am »

This popped up on the Lab Gruppen FB page. It was a good run but even the best succumb.

Music Tribe to Open New Lab Gruppen Innovation Center and Consolidate Manufacturing

Music Tribe announces the consolidation of manufacturing operations and significant investment in a new high-tech facility to deliver its promise of incredible products and focus on integrated customer solutions.

Music Tribe is committed to the future of Lab Gruppen and its enduring legacy of innovation. The company is currently heavily investing in product development and engineering while consolidating current manufacturing to its manufacturing plants in Thailand, China and especially its upcoming industry 4.0 manufacturing facility in Malaysia. As a result, the company has decided to close its Swedish manufacturing facility while retaining and growing the innovation team in Sweden. We would like to pay our respects and thank all those affected for their incredible support and commitment during many years of service.

In addition to Music Tribe’s nine global Innovation Centers, the company is now looking for a new high-tech facility in Sweden to execute on the new Lab Gruppen and Lake product road map. The consolidation will create additional employment within the Innovation and Research Divisions.

Product Category Leader Hakan Alfredsson adds: “In line with Music Tribe’s Customer and Digital Obsession Vision, we are committed to ensuring that Lab Gruppen and Lake remain a world leader in professional and installed sound. We are extremely excited and believe we have a very strong strategic plan to protect the brand's rich heritage whilst embracing new and emerging markets.”

Lab Gruppen –We Power Your Performance. You Amplify the World.

We at Lab Gruppen believe in providing you with reliable amplification, so you can dedicate all your efforts to the performance.

Major artists include U2, Philadelphia Eagles, Hamburg Elb Philharmonie, Clair Global, etc.

Founded in 1979, Lab Gruppen’s name is one of the most respected professional-grade power amplifier manufacturers in the world.

Hakan Alfredsson
Product Category Amplifier Leader

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Lab Gruppen moves all manufacturing to Asia
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 11:07:31 am »

In the future all restaurants are Taco Bell...

JR
When in doubt do what's right.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 11:10:42 am »

FWIW, I received an email informing us that Starin will no longer be the USA distributor of Music "tribe" products.  All Music Group distribution will be done "in house."  Better work on your remedial Mandarin.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

MikeHarris

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 11:51:54 am »

and i took Mandarin in college to major in Oriental Art. Who knew

Brian Bolly

• Baltimore/Amsterdam
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 12:14:28 pm »

FWIW, I received an email informing us that Starin will no longer be the USA distributor of Music "tribe" products.  All Music Group distribution will be done "in house."  Better work on your remedial Mandarin.

No kidding?!  First the Vegas support/service center, now taking distribution "in house".  And from what I've seen, the PRO series is all but gone, and the Heritage-D is still vaporware.  I think this may spell the beginning of the end for any professional users in the US.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 12:21:14 pm »

Not only that but they are also removing all Rep firms from what I understand.
I may have misunderstood about the rep firms.  I thought that all was being moved in house but perhaps it is only the distribution that is being changed.

They have also let go many if not all of the professional personnel that I knew in the US as far as those who were directly interacting with customers/users.

Lee
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 04:44:27 pm by Lee Buckalew »
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 12:26:54 pm »

In the future all restaurants are Taco Bell...

JR
No thanks. I've seen that movie too.
At least I wouldn't have to buy toilet paper any more..... ::)
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 01:52:44 pm »

No thanks. I've seen that movie too.
At least I wouldn't have to buy toilet paper any more..... ::)
Chris.

Where does one acquire the three shells?

I love getting manufacturer announcements from LAB instead of my reps. Starin hasn't had MG inventory in months and my latest rep firm has been MIA since quarantine began.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealers for all this stuff

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 03:27:45 pm »

Pacific Rim, Middle East, Eastern Europe. In Music Group's shoes I'd look for next growth there before US.

Adam Kane

• Battle Creek, MI
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 01:26:50 pm »

Where does one acquire the three shells?

I love getting manufacturer announcements from LAB instead of my reps. Starin hasn't had MG inventory in months and my latest rep firm has been MIA since quarantine began.

I reached out to our MG rep who confirmed that Starin is no longer distributing, but that he/they will remain our reps for the foreseeable future. Who knows...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 01:26:50 pm »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 22 queries.