ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 50A power in performance venue??  (Read 5658 times)

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
Re: 50A power in performance venue??
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2020, 01:58:12 PM »

My clients are shocked at the price of CS series connectors.  I tell them to put in 14-50 outlets and call it a day.

Sounds like your clients aren't well grounded in the actual costs of conducting business.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 02:50:48 PM »

Sounds like your clients aren't well grounded in the actual costs of conducting business.
It depends on the business.  You haven't worked with community theater spaces, apparently.  Hotels will take the absolute cheapest up-front option, ditto for most "event centers" and banquet halls.

Some of them have no existing infrastructure and the price difference doesn't matter.  Some will never need to use this service with rental cables.  Some need it "right fucking now" and the local electrician can install a 14-50R because there's one in the truck.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2020, 03:48:54 PM »

It depends on the business.  You haven't worked with community theater spaces, apparently.  Hotels will take the absolute cheapest up-front option, ditto for most "event centers" and banquet halls.

Some of them have no existing infrastructure and the price difference doesn't matter.  Some will never need to use this service with rental cables.  Some need it "right fucking now" and the local electrician can install a 14-50R because there's one in the truck.

Sorry Tim, I thought you were trying to bond using electrical puns. I didn't intend to be re-volting.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2020, 04:03:52 PM »

Sorry Tim, I thought you were trying to bond using electrical puns. I didn't intend to be re-volting.

Why reward pun-ishment? ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2020, 04:03:52 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.