ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 USB port  (Read 420 times)

Curtis McGill

X32 USB port
« on: October 19, 2020, 12:20:04 pm »

Can I change what the USB port on the X32 records? I would like it to record a Bus - but I don't know how to do that.

EDIT/UPDATE: Okay, so I went to Config and I figured that part out. Would I take it pre, post, something else?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 12:28:09 pm by Curtis McGill »

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: X32 USB port
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 06:35:18 pm »

Depends on if you want to hear the EQ, etc on the recording or not.

Pre= recording the raw signal that is coming into the buss.

Post= recording the signal after it passes through the buss and applies eq, compression, fader moves, and inserts.

I think the X32 has another option or two that allows you to record post EQ but pre-fader or something like that. It's been a while since I've seen that screen.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Curtis McGill

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 08:33:29 pm »

Depends on if you want to hear the EQ, etc on the recording or not.

Pre= recording the raw signal that is coming into the buss.

Post= recording the signal after it passes through the buss and applies eq, compression, fader moves, and inserts.

I think the X32 has another option or two that allows you to record post EQ but pre-fader or something like that. It's been a while since I've seen that screen.

Essentially, I am wanting a redundant audio recording from our live stream feed. I am choosing that feed because it will give the most balanced sound (as compared to the room mix). The bus feed for that is set post fader already.

Landon Lewsaw

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 08:38:37 pm »

Do you have to record onto a stick, or do you have a computer hooked up to the USB port in the back?  You can definitely record whatever configuration you want that way.

Curtis McGill

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 07:15:09 am »

Do you have to record onto a stick, or do you have a computer hooked up to the USB port in the back?  You can definitely record whatever configuration you want that way.

I want to record to a stick. I can configure it to record the appropriate bus, I just need to decide if I want to record pre or post since the bus is post to begin with.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 02:29:14 pm »

I want to record to a stick. I can configure it to record the appropriate bus, I just need to decide if I want to record pre or post since the bus is post to begin with.
It doesn't matter if the buss is pre or post. That only affects the send levels TO the buss.

Selecting the pre/post on the record section is telling the RECORDER if you want to tap that buss pre or post.

Do you ever move the buss master fader for any reason while recording? If not, then select post. If you do move that buss fader I'd select pre so the recording won't be jumping up and down in level.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 02:29:14 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.