ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Signal Hound BB60C - Cable & Split  (Read 287 times)

Mark Hannah

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 64
Signal Hound BB60C - Cable & Split
« on: October 20, 2020, 06:32:29 pm »

Hello All,

I wonder if the first two of three items might be me overthinking.

SMA Cable...

Considering the multiple sources of RFI & EMI in a cable path while at a venue, does it matter, for a 12" cable, if made for the lab (Mini-Circuits') or a more harsh environment (Pasternack or Fairfield Microwave)?

Split...

Mini-Circuit's ZFSC-2-1W+ seems to be a popular recommendation on the site for a passive power splitter/combiner but it does not pass DC Bias. Initially the split will be used it to feed into my spectrum analyzer. Since I already own DC Blocks, it might be best to purchase a split that passes DC and add more options once income is higher.

Unfortunately, I must not understand all of Mini-Circuit's filter options as I'm failing at even finding the ZFSC-2-1W+ when testing my ability to use the website's filter. Can you recommend?

Thank you,
Mark
Logged

Ike Zimbel

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 596
  • I'm not a newbie, I just play one on the internet!
    • Zimbel Audio Productions
Re: Signal Hound BB60C - Cable & Split
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 10:43:09 am »

Hello All,

I wonder if the first two of three items might be me overthinking.

SMA Cable...

Considering the multiple sources of RFI & EMI in a cable path while at a venue, does it matter, for a 12" cable, if made for the lab (Mini-Circuits') or a more harsh environment (Pasternack or Fairfield Microwave)?

Split...

Mini-Circuit's ZFSC-2-1W+ seems to be a popular recommendation on the site for a passive power splitter/combiner but it does not pass DC Bias. Initially the split will be used it to feed into my spectrum analyzer. Since I already own DC Blocks, it might be best to purchase a split that passes DC and add more options once income is higher.

Unfortunately, I must not understand all of Mini-Circuit's filter options as I'm failing at even finding the ZFSC-2-1W+ when testing my ability to use the website's filter. Can you recommend?

Thank you,
Mark
Hi Mark. I'm not totally clear on what you are trying to do here. Are you trying to take a split off an existing antenna into your analyzer? Or, out of an antenna distro that has all ports in use already? Answers to these questions can influence what feedback you get for your questions.
Logged
~Ike Zimbel~
Wireless frequency coordination specialist.
Manufacturer's Representative (Canada)

Radio Active Designs
~416-720-0887~
ca.linkedin.com/pub/ike-zimbel/48/aa1/266

Mark Hannah

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 64
Re: Signal Hound BB60C - Cable & Split
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 01:12:20 pm »

Hi Mark. I'm not totally clear on what you are trying to do here. Are you trying to take a split off an existing antenna into your analyzer? Or, out of an antenna distro that has all ports in use already? Answers to these questions can influence what feedback you get for your questions.

Ike,

Ah, yes.

95% of the time the splitter/combiner would be inserted before the antenna distro. For the other 5%, it would be nice to use the splitter/combiner for emergency combining of two IEM combiner outputs. In my original version of the post, I was going to write out my planned adapter path between SMA and BNC but decided no input from the forum was needed beyond thoughts on the SMA cable.

Mark
Logged

Ike Zimbel

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 596
  • I'm not a newbie, I just play one on the internet!
    • Zimbel Audio Productions
Re: Signal Hound BB60C - Cable & Split
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 04:02:40 pm »

Ike,

Ah, yes.

95% of the time the splitter/combiner would be inserted before the antenna distro. For the other 5%, it would be nice to use the splitter/combiner for emergency combining of two IEM combiner outputs. In my original version of the post, I was going to write out my planned adapter path between SMA and BNC but decided no input from the forum was needed beyond thoughts on the SMA cable.

Mark
On the cable front, any well made 12" SMA cable should do (like from Mini-Circuits, NOT Amazon). I have some Mini-Circuits ZAPD-21 splitter combiners, new, with SMA connections for sale. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Logged
~Ike Zimbel~
Wireless frequency coordination specialist.
Manufacturer's Representative (Canada)

Radio Active Designs
~416-720-0887~
ca.linkedin.com/pub/ike-zimbel/48/aa1/266

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Signal Hound BB60C - Cable & Split
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 04:02:40 pm »


Pages: [1]   Go Up
 



Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.