Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

distributed / wireless speakers

<< < (2/3) > >>

Daniel Levi:
I know Thomann have one of their own brand installation mixer amplifiers that will run on 24V DC so that could be a solution if getting power is a problem and generator noise is also an issue, https://www.thomann.de/gb/swissonic_sa_125.htm has 8Ω, 50V and 100V outputs, plus has balanced line inputs so could be connected to a good distance of balanced cable. Only 125W though.

Magnus Soderman:

--- Quote from: Magnus Soderman on October 15, 2020, 05:24:37 PM ---Hello !

i have got a question of a bgm project
during december . Yes you guessed right,
its christmas music. the thing is , that the possible client
wants the sound to be along a looooong walkway.
i guess around 1,5 km.
One solution could be a distributed speaker system
with amps in electrical cabinets along the way or
some kind of wireless meshing speakers.
Does any of you an idea of a wireless system like this ?

thanks in advance

magnus, sweden

--- End quote ---

apparently distributed should be the way to but it may involve road crossings
and some other obstacles along the (path)way. I was thinking in the ways
of placing speakers in lamp-posts along the pathway. But it's a bunch of cable
and about 25 - 30m in between lamp-posts :O

Another idea i was thinking of,  was of a bunch of small radio receivers and small active speakers.
And let the customer hire a radio transmitter on a free and legal frequency :)

i was even wondering of the idea of wifi and decent acesspoints . . but than again,
active thing needs power . .

@mike caldwell - i dont know the budget yet. just throwing up ideas here to be a little ahead of the customer :)
we have a couple of those Yamaha PX10 amps that i maybe could use if i find a decent transformer :)
(we have bunch of LAB 4k's as well, but that would require some really bad-ass x-former  :).  )

@john roberts - stacked ?   how ?

Mike Caldwell:

--- Quote from: Magnus Soderman on October 16, 2020, 04:36:12 PM ---

@mike caldwell - i dont know the budget yet. just throwing up ideas here to be a little ahead of the customer :)
we have a couple of those Yamaha PX10 amps that i maybe could use if i find a decent transformer :)
(we have bunch of LAB 4k's as well, but that would require some really bad-ass x-former  :).  )

--- End quote ---

The big amps like yours will direct drive the 70 volt line, no out transformer needed.
An amp that will do at least 600 watts into 8 will make the 70 volt spec, you'll want to go a little
bigger for the line distance.

You can adjust the tap levels the further down line you get to balance the speaker levels.

Would this be just a one off thing or turn into an annual event, any chance they would want to have
year round music.

Brian Jojade:

--- Quote from: Magnus Soderman on October 16, 2020, 04:36:12 PM ---
Another idea i was thinking of,  was of a bunch of small radio receivers and small active speakers.
And let the customer hire a radio transmitter on a free and legal frequency :)

--- End quote ---

Unless you have a massive budget, this is almost impossible to do legally.

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: Brian Jojade on October 17, 2020, 02:08:31 AM ---Unless you have a massive budget, this is almost impossible to do legally.

--- End quote ---

In the USA.  OP is somewhere else in the world I’d guess since all his measurements are in metric.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version