ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dry Live stream Mix (Behringer X32)  (Read 3915 times)

Toby Marks

Dry Live stream Mix (Behringer X32)
« on: October 15, 2020, 02:14:28 PM »

Hello,

I have an X32 Digital Mixer and I am sending a mix through Bus 1 & 2 for the live stream mix.  When I listen to the playback, the mix is dry and does not have any of the added effects that I added into the house mix.  How would I send the effects into my live stream mix?  Thank You

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Dry Live stream Mix (Behringer X32)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 02:22:53 PM »

Hello,

I have an X32 Digital Mixer and I am sending a mix through Bus 1 & 2 for the live stream mix.  When I listen to the playback, the mix is dry and does not have any of the added effects that I added into the house mix.  How would I send the effects into my live stream mix?  Thank You

I don't own an X32 but usually on any digital mixer, you select the bus or aux you want to control and make sure to raise the faders that correspond to FX RETURN on that mix - assuming FX are being sent to the FX engines which in your case they must be to be heard on main mix.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 02:47:48 PM »

Hello,

You mix the effect return channels into your streaming mix.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 06:49:52 AM »

Hello,

Select Bus 1-2 and select sends on fader.
Now select the 3rd layer of channel faders (where the FX returns are) and push up the faders of those effects you want in the bus 1-2 mix.
Make sure the MUTE button is not lit,
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Jonathan Hole

• Sound Resume
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 12:44:38 PM »

Hello,

While you can do this and probably you just don't have FX returns up on that bus; the best practice for live streaming from LR is to feed LR to a Matrix then to your stream.  Signal flow, level balance, processing is a bit more elegant that way.  It's lower maintenance as you don't have to trouble shoot separately like this - if it's in your LR in house then it's on the matrix to the feed.  (now if you're doing a mix minus / plus then you'll need groups and such) Good luck!

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 01:36:22 PM »

While you can do this and probably you just don't have FX returns up on that bus; the best practice for live streaming from LR is to feed LR to a Matrix then to your stream.  Signal flow, level balance, processing is a bit more elegant that way.  It's lower maintenance as you don't have to trouble shoot separately like this - if it's in your LR in house then it's on the matrix to the feed.  (now if you're doing a mix minus / plus then you'll need groups and such) Good luck!
While this would work it doesn't give you the ability to adjust the mix for the room separately from the outbound mix.
Let's say the drums or guitar is a bit loud on stage (like that ever happens!!LOL) and isn't needed in the room mix, you can compensate for the outbound mix if that mix is a bus feed.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 02:25:05 PM »

One "gotcha" with sending FX returns to buses is they are post-fader relative to the FX return on the LR bus.
Meaning, unless you have the FX returns turned up for the LR bus, you won't get anything on Bus 1&2 even if those FX return faders are turned up.
You won't run into this issue if you're using the same effects for the live mix. 

Toby Marks

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 12:00:08 PM »

One "gotcha" with sending FX returns to buses is they are post-fader relative to the FX return on the LR bus.
Meaning, unless you have the FX returns turned up for the LR bus, you won't get anything on Bus 1&2 even if those FX return faders are turned up.
You won't run into this issue if you're using the same effects for the live mix.

Thank you for that, thats what I have noticed.  Good thing we use the same effects for our livestream in this case

Toby Marks

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 12:00:35 PM »

I don't own an X32 but usually on any digital mixer, you select the bus or aux you want to control and make sure to raise the faders that correspond to FX RETURN on that mix - assuming FX are being sent to the FX engines which in your case they must be to be heard on main mix.

Thank you!

Toby Marks

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 12:01:57 PM »

Select Bus 1-2 and select sends on fader.
Now select the 3rd layer of channel faders (where the FX returns are) and push up the faders of those effects you want in the bus 1-2 mix.
Make sure the MUTE button is not lit,

Thank you!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 12:01:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.