ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who provided for Trump rally?  (Read 673 times)

Jim Thorn

• State College, PA
Who provided for Trump rally?
« on: October 13, 2020, 12:29:59 am »

Just wondering who provided the sound system for the Trump rally in Sanford, Florida October 12, 2020.  I'd like to learn more about it.

Mike Monte

• My website
Re: Who provided for Trump rally?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 10:10:50 pm »

Just wondering who provided the sound system for the Trump rally in Sanford, Florida October 12, 2020.  I'd like to learn more about it.
Me too.....

FWIW: Three weeks ago I was contacted to provide the PA system for the Trump rally on the steps of the statehouse in RI on the following weekend.
The estimated # of attendees was between 300-1000 people.
I asked the organizer what the event budget was....  She told me that there were no funds available...(?????)

Needless to say I passed....

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 11:19:05 pm »

Me too.....

FWIW: Three weeks ago I was contacted to provide the PA system for the Trump rally on the steps of the statehouse in RI on the following weekend.
I asked the organizer what the event budget was....  She told me that there were no funds available...(?????)

A good reminder to always get paid in full in cash or some other guaranteed funds before you open the truck doors on all political events.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 11:51:09 pm »

Me too.....

Bernie's team paid me in full in advance.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealers for all this stuff

Dave Pluke

• BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 10:25:15 am »

A good reminder to always get paid in full in cash or some other guaranteed funds before you open the truck doors on all political events.

And, not that I'd ever promote price gouging, last minute schedule/city changes offer an excellent opportunity to maximize one's profits (in advance, of course).

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 11:48:58 am »

Me too.....

I've had requests for political events with the same budget.  No, there's no way, no how I'm donating my time to any politician.  Find funds, then call me.  Pay me before I set up, because I'm not offering a credit line to any political organization.
Brian Jojade

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 01:44:53 pm »

I'm involved with one of the parties at the county level-we never expect freebies.  I have been surprised at how tight fisted some of the state/national campaigns have been, on the other hand, we had local candidates decline financial assistance-that was surprising.

In my experience, a lot of these events end up getting planned by local reps for the different campaigns.  I am guessing this may be more true in rural areas, but usually these staffers are "wet behind the ears" new to organizing anything.  I am not so sure the expectation of free doesn't have more to do with immaturity than anything-not that any politician ever actually matures.
Steve Swaffer

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 07:38:58 am »

I'm kinda surprised they don't travel with their own sound?  I had heard rumors that the whole show(rally) was scripted?  Even the chants were started over the PA?

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 03:59:40 pm »

I'm kinda surprised they don't travel with their own sound?  I had heard rumors that the whole show(rally) was scripted?  Even the chants were started over the PA?

My guess is they have contracts with a few regional vendors.  The quasi last minute nature of these events certainly needs to have some planning in reserve.  I know that when there was a rally in my town, no local vendors were used for the production, staging, fencing, etc.  Whether they used local labor, I'm not sure.
Brian Jojade

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 08:53:32 am »

Back during primary season, I investigated who was doing events in New England.  A bunch of the candidates worked exclusively with Production Management 1 (PM1), who then subbed the production out to local vendors.  I don't know if there were contracts per se.  Malloy Events did most of the New Hampshire events.  Steve Cook did a bunch, especially for Tulsi.
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 08:53:32 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.