ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer/iPad to speaker  (Read 3970 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Computer/iPad to speaker
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 05:46:53 PM »

Something else I wanted to mention it sounded like during the sermon message there was still
a lot of open mics into the system.
During the spoken word message I would mute all the band inputs, putting those channel on a
mute group would be easy.

As for dedicated room mics, those can add some "feel" to the live stream but you need to bring them in and out as needed. Bring them up some during the music and when the congregation is singing or responding during the message. Other than that I would have room mics pulled down in the live stream mix.
If you do put up a room mic or two un-assign those channels from the main LR mix out.

Curtis McGill

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2020, 06:07:52 AM »

Good catch with the mics being on during the sermon. I will ask our sound guy and remind him to mute everything else.

I will have to go out and spend some time with the board and the bus mix to work on compression.

The high pass should be easy enough.

Scott, what did your “bass drum hob” comment mean?

I went in last night and tried the powered speaker and iPad with the LTIBLOX, a Radial ProAV1, and an XLR to 3.5mm. The XLR to 3.5mm was noticeably louder. Why is that?

Thank you all for your help and insight. I am learning a lot!

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2020, 08:38:41 AM »

Good catch with the mics being on during the sermon. I will ask our sound guy and remind him to mute everything else.

I will have to go out and spend some time with the board and the bus mix to work on compression.

I went in last night and tried the powered speaker and iPad with the LTIBLOX, a Radial ProAV1, and an XLR to 3.5mm. The XLR to 3.5mm was noticeably louder. Why is that?

The LTIBLOX and the ProAV both output a higher mic level signal at most, that's what most DI boxes do.
The 3.5 to XLR is going to be higher line level.

Your 3.5 to XLR must be wired with some form of mono summing going
on. A straight thru wired 3.5 TRS to an XLR will cause a lot of phase cancellation issues when plugged into a balanced input such as lower output, lacking in bass.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2020, 08:34:58 PM »

hob = job  type, sorry.  You said there was a lot of low notes in the bass drum.  It was a mild swipe at humor.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Curtis McGill

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2020, 06:59:25 AM »

hob = job  type, sorry.  You said there was a lot of low notes in the bass drum.  It was a mild swipe at humor.

Gotcha. I didn’t know if it was an acronym that I was unaware of. There are a lot of those. If I said bass drum, I misspoke. It is our floor tom was putting out some high spikes around 78 Hz and 128 Hz if I was understanding correctly.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 10:42:46 AM »

Check the high pass filter settings on your inputs.

A sound system should already have a high pass filter in place
based on the low end capability but adding high pass filters to input channels can really help clean up a mix.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 10:42:46 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.