ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer X32 scene load  (Read 4079 times)

John P. Whiteker

Behringer X32 scene load
« on: October 01, 2020, 09:36:37 PM »

So, when I turn on the X32 and load my scene for Sunday morning, everything loads fine, but is there a way to make Bus 1-8 be selected instead of the DCA groups which is default? I rely much more on Bus 1-8 since that's where my monitor mixes are located. Thanks in advance. I love this mixer!
Behringer X32
Crown XTI power amps 4002 for mains & 6002 for subs
JBL J-Arry mains
JBL Subs

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: Behringer X32 scene load
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 09:54:35 PM »

So, when I turn on the X32 and load my scene for Sunday morning, everything loads fine, but is there a way to make Bus 1-8 be selected instead of the DCA groups which is default? I rely much more on Bus 1-8 since that's where my monitor mixes are located. Thanks in advance. I love this mixer!

Do you mean which fader layer comes up by default on the righthand fader bank? I guess it would be nice if that saved with the scene [and i don't know that it doesn't since i don't work on an X32 much], but it's a single button push to change after the scene load.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

John P. Whiteker

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 10:39:07 PM »

Yes, Brian. That's what I'm hoping to achieve. Just trying to cut down the steps and simplify for audio booth volunteers. Not difficult to me, but to some...
Behringer X32
JBL J-Arry mains
JBL Subs

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 04:51:52 AM »

I don’t think so, but I have relayed the question to my partner in crime...

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 08:20:18 AM »

Yes you should be able to using a snippet and use the /-stat/chfaderbank or /-stat/grpfaderbank (depending on whether you want to change the left or right set of faders)

See p.60 in Patrick-Gilles unofficial osc document.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 09:42:37 AM »

Last year with help from others that actually knew what they were doing I got an Arduino to do something along the lines of what you are looking for. I used a Sketch (what the routine is called on an Arduino) that was written for me to always start an X32 how they wanted it to start up. I am a bit fuzzy on the exact details. The X32 and the Arduino were always started at the same time on the same circuit (power sequencer) or was it that the X32 started first and then the Arduino. There was a delay programed into the Arduino so it would wait till the X32 had booted up and then it would send the OSC commands to the X32. I see no reason why this wouldn’t be a good solution for you.

This was for a church and I actually never installed the Arduino in the church because they got used to the X32 and they didn’t need it that idiot proofed.   

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 02:20:43 PM »

Yes, Brian. That's what I'm hoping to achieve. Just trying to cut down the steps and simplify for audio booth volunteers. Not difficult to me, but to some...

Now THIS makes sense to me. I've worked as the Tech Director at a Church. That's a whole other dealio...  :)
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

John P. Whiteker

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 12:15:04 PM »

Yes you should be able to using a snippet and use the /-stat/chfaderbank or /-stat/grpfaderbank (depending on whether you want to change the left or right set of faders)

See p.60 in Patrick-Gilles unofficial osc document.

Wow! I didn't know this mixer would interact with command lines over ethernet. Can this be accomplished if the X32 is plugged into a router, or would the laptop connect directly to the mixer via ethernet?

P.S. I was really hoping it would just be a matter of toggling a setting within the mixer, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Behringer X32
JBL J-Arry mains
JBL Subs

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 04:24:52 PM »

Wow! I didn't know this mixer would interact with command lines over ethernet. Can this be accomplished if the X32 is plugged into a router, or would the laptop connect directly to the mixer via ethernet?

P.S. I was really hoping it would just be a matter of toggling a setting within the mixer, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Yes you can use a router. But personally I prefer a dumb switch. basically the same thing as a router but without the added things that need to be set right to always work. I use a dumb switch to hook up multiple consoles and a computer running a scene management program called Palladium.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 06:03:08 PM »

Are you asking because the computer is in a different network than the console? 

In linux you can send osc commands to the UDP port like this right from the shell echo "This is my OSC data" > /dev/udp/127.0.0.1/10023  that is very handy from a Raspberry Pi
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 06:03:08 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.