ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone know who makes Technical Pro woofers?  (Read 4059 times)

John L Nobile

Re: Anyone know who makes Technical Pro woofers?
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 10:16:21 AM »

STOP HIJACKING MY THREAD!  I DIDN'T ASK ABOUT THE F'N CABINET!

You gotta have a thicker skin for this forum. And better manners.

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 10:51:15 AM »

I'm not quite sure how you can have 425 posts on this forum and be surprised by a topic swerve. I, for one, have faith that if someone has the answer to your question (I certainly don't) they will still chime in regardless of any additional content in the thread.

-Russ

I'm not surprised, but in the current climate, I'm much less tolerant of people throwing around irrelevant opinions and I will call them out on it.  I asked about the driver, not the cabinet.  The cabinet is just a hunk of wood regardless of who made it.
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2020, 12:19:57 PM »

I'm not surprised, but in the current climate, I'm much less tolerant of people throwing around irrelevant opinions and I will call them out on it.  I asked about the driver, not the cabinet.  The cabinet is just a hunk of wood regardless of who made it.
I dunno Alex.
In the current conditions, very few have shit that has to get done "Right Freakin Now".
A little diversion and spreading of the proverbial BS can be a welcome spot in otherwise sucky conditions.
It's a shame to have such a repository of knowledge around here, and not get to use it.

Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2020, 02:09:22 PM »

You gotta have a thicker skin for this forum. And better manners.

I've been a member for years and no, I don't need better manners.  When I ask a question about a driver that happens to be a replacement in an old Sonic cabinet, a reply stating that Sonic is shit is irrelevant, unwelcome and a hijack that lead to another irrelevant reply about Sonic cabinets.  It's my thread and my prerogative to call that out. 

I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT OPINIONS ON SONIC CABINETS

If you don't have an answer to the question posed, no need to reply.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 02:13:16 PM by Alex Rigodanzo »
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2020, 04:29:39 PM »

[...] It's my thread and my prerogative to call that out. 
[...]

Perhaps other members of this forum can correct me if I'm wrong, but it has always been my understanding that threads, like the rest of this forum, belong to the community as a whole; in this sense, it's not really "your thread" at all.

If you'd like to control the content of the conversation, I'd encourage you to hire a consultant; when you're paying someone for their advice, it might be reasonable to "call out" extraneous comments, if only to ensure that you're getting your money's worth. When you come to the community for our uncompensated advice, though, the community gets to determine how that advice is given, not you.

-Russ

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2020, 04:58:09 PM »

Free advice is worth every penny you pay for it, and it comes with a double the advice back if you don't like the first answer!
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2020, 03:54:50 AM »

I've been a member for years and no, I don't need better manners.  When I ask a question about a driver that happens to be a replacement in an old Sonic cabinet, a reply stating that Sonic is shit is irrelevant, unwelcome and a hijack that lead to another irrelevant reply about Sonic cabinets.  It's my thread and my prerogative to call that out. 

It's also your prerogative to look ungrateful, and for the whole world to see. Nicely done. You've certainly encouraged lots more helpful replies.

I'm going to make an attempt at helping you, mostly so that this thread can be brought to a swift close. Perhaps on a thread you don't consider "yours", you'll be more respectful.

Duane Massey, early on in this very thread, shared a link to a driver that looks very similar to the one on the Amazon link you posted. I'd like to point out that most people, even newbies, bother to take photos of the actual drivers they'd like identified. It's polite and avoids wasting other people's time. Perhaps that isn't your style.

Googled "technical Pro woofer", came up with this:
https://www.tpro.com/products/zxp

To which you replied:
That's a new style

What you appear to have missed, willingly or not, is this: Duane has answered your question directly. The woofer in the link shares the same basket, cone, possibly magnet, dustcap (albeit with a different logo), so it's pretty safe to say they're made by the same people.

Here's your question, so we're all up to speed:
I was wondering if they might be made for TP by a known entity such as Eminence or similar?

Looks to me, and probably to Duane (although feel free to correct me on that one, Duane!) that we've found the manufacturer.

If not, Mike has it covered:

I'm going to say some China OEM knocking them out for TP.
I've that gray cone color on some other import speakers, P Audio maybe.

So, here's one more helpful link for you: https://www.tpro.com/pages/technical-support
Talk to them, and ask all the questions you like. It's entirely possible they'll be able to send a PDF datasheet, which would be very useful indeed.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

John L Nobile

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2020, 10:15:50 AM »

THEN WHY DID YOU MENTION THEM IN YOUR FIRST POST?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2020, 10:15:50 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.