ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 console controlling X32 rack  (Read 4193 times)

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: X32 console controlling X32 rack
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 11:12:18 PM »

I'd love the idea that you could remote control another console. This now means if the connection to FOH breaks, the show wouldn't stop.  It's definitely possible in theory, but has not been implemented as a feature natively.

So the best we've got is being able to use the IO on the rack and send all of the audio to your FOH console and send it back.  It works well for that.
Brian Jojade

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 01:01:53 AM »

[...] I was actually thinking of using an x32rack for monitors, x32 for foh, but controlling the rack with the x32 instead of x32edit or an iPad...

Ah, so you're not looking for 1:1 mirroring then, but some kind of subset. That is more complicated.

How did you envision the UI working on the X32? I'm assuming the reason you're using a separate console for monitors is because of a lack of buses on the FOH console, so what knobs would you want to tweak at FOH to control those mixes? Would you want to keep the channel EQs (etc.) separate, and if so, what functions on the X32 would you use to adjust those?

Translating OSC is easy; figuring out what to translate is the hard part. :)

-Russ

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 04:39:57 AM »

I'd love the idea that you could remote control another console. This now means if the connection to FOH breaks, the show wouldn't stop.  It's definitely possible in theory, but has not been implemented as a feature natively.

When the X32 was new, I assumed you could do this as it makes perfect sense. It must be possible with the right programming though. You can do it with an X-Touch, so it would just be a case of turning an X32 into a big X-Touch controller.

Steve.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 06:43:51 AM »

X32Commander made by Patrick-Gilles Maillot should do the trick, I think. You can control an OSC and/or MIDI device from X32, with arithmetics on the X32 OSC parameters.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2020, 12:29:30 AM »

When the X32 was new, I assumed you could do this as it makes perfect sense. It must be possible with the right programming though. You can do it with an X-Touch, so it would just be a case of turning an X32 into a big X-Touch controller.

Steve.

Yes, the xTouch shows that at least some of this is easily possible.  Getting full mirrored control on a second surface though, might be a bigger challenge.  I don't know that we'll ever see it be implemented, unfortunately.
Brian Jojade

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 02:53:59 AM »

X32commander can do much more than just mirror the x32

https://youtu.be/HQ8PVxqgxwg

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 02:53:59 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.