ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Microphone Foam Tray Insert  (Read 2482 times)

Al Rettich

Wireless Microphone Foam Tray Insert
« on: September 06, 2020, 10:42:40 PM »

I know Gator made a drawer.  The old style was awesome.  The new version will only hold four handhelds OR body packs. I was wondering if anyone knew of a drawer insert? I found one for Sennheiser. I’m looking for a universal or Shure SLX-D. Anyone know of something?

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: Wireless Microphone Foam Tray Insert
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 11:05:00 PM »

I know Gator made a drawer.  The old style was awesome.  The new version will only hold four handhelds OR body packs. I was wondering if anyone knew of a drawer insert? I found one for Sennheiser. I’m looking for a universal or Shure SLX-D. Anyone know of something?

There is a company that makes great ones, custom, water jet cut.  Message me and I'll dig contact info. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 12:28:42 AM »

SLX-D is very new. I haven't seen any inlays specifically made for it.

https://www.thomannmusic.com/thon_inlay_4_4_shure_qlxd_ulxd.htm

Maybe this one will fit?

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 02:56:38 AM »

I have a couple of the Thomann ones mentioned.  The only thing I don't like about them (which is really noticeable with the red foam) is that tiny little bits come off over time, and being red it's super obvious.  I suppose any foam probably does, but you wouldn't notice so much with black foam.  It's not so bad on beltpacks, but it does get into the mic grilles a bit.  I'm probably making it worse than it sounds, but I prefer not to spend time picking/blowing tiny bits of foam out of mic grilles.

We also use these folks: https://inlay-shop.de/ - we generally purchase a bunch at a time to save on shipping.  Yes, they are based in Germany, but I've yet to find a US case shop that can do the same stuff as well, surprisingly (we've tried).  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to know.

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 08:42:03 AM »

mycasebuilder.com
Scott Hofmann

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 10:20:00 PM »

Hi Al, if you don't mind a bit of DIY I too have had a great experience with My Case Builder.  It helps if you have some CAD skills, but below are some pictures of my 2U drawer insert for 4x Sennheiser EW100 mics and beltpacks.  The drawer insert was about $40 shipped, and each of the 6U lid inserts for the paddle antennas was $29...so I think I spent about $100 for everything.  I've been very satisfied with these and highly recommend them.

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 08:22:47 AM »

We get ours from Nelson Case Corp.
http://customfoamshop.com/8423/
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 12:32:32 PM »

Wow, I didn't realize Gator stopped making the 3RU wireless drawer. I have a couple, and they work well for what they are. They're really heavy, but very convenient, and they're a good choice if you're not super concerned about weight. I pulled out the battery storage foam on the right hand side, which gives me room for an additional 4 beltpacks, or capsules, or whatever. I can have up to 8 handhelds and 16 beltpacks in my larger wireless rack, which works great for the shows I'm usually on. Their 2RU drawer looks much less useful than the old 3RU.

The stuff from mycasebuilder looks like it turned out really well, and the price was great. That might be a good option if you really want a drawer.

FWIW, I've been using my SKB flyracks more and more for smaller shows. I have a 2RU and a 4RU, with a Furman in each. I pretty much always keep a quad ULXD receiver with 4 handhelds in the 2RU, and 2-3 quad receivers in the 4RU. There's enough space above the rack while it's in the case for 2 paddle antennas, and enough space around it for a snake, antenna cables, and a clamp mount for the antennas, if I want to out all that stuff in there. I carved out the foam in the 2RU to hold a 4 slot charger instead of beltpacks, but left the 4RU as-is. I use an additional case for more transmitters and another for as many chargers as I need for the job. It makes for a very compact package that's easy to move around, and having these cases has made my life a whole lot easier. Maybe something to think about.

2RU wireless fly rack
4RU wireless fly rack
Wireless case for 8 HH & 8 BP
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 12:32:32 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.