ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stream Deck, TeamViewer, and QLab  (Read 3611 times)

Benjamin Krumholz

Stream Deck, TeamViewer, and QLab
« on: August 22, 2020, 02:06:18 PM »

Anyone use a Stream Deck over team viewer? Meaning the Stream Deck is with you and you are controlling another computer connected through Team Viewer.

I have a remote rig with 2 Team Viewer Machines. One is a Control Machine running TF Editor connected to a TF Mixer. The other machine is a Playback Machine running Qlab... I would love to be able to remotely control the qlab ques using a Stream Deck or X-keys.

Using Unity Intercom to monitor audio.

Thanks
Ben

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: Stream Deck, TeamViewer, and QLab
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 01:29:15 AM »

I use n/Grok. No need for TV and works like a hot damn.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 04:04:26 PM »

I use n/Grok. No need for TV and works like a hot damn.

For those of us with poor memory skills, can you walk us through the basic mechanics of how that works?
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Benjamin Krumholz

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 10:11:32 PM »

can you walk us through the basic mechanics of how that works?

So, i went out and bought a StreamDeck Mini and answered my own question.

It works pretty well so far.

At first I set up the control software on the remote computer that is running Qlab and the StreamDeck would not connect.

After that, I installed the control software on my local computer.. It connected. I mad a few buttons for simple Hotkey key strokes that Qlab has.. Go is Spacebar, Up is Up down is Down, Anything that has a Hotkey in the program you can program a key for on the StreamDeck. Then in the settings of the control software you can select a default program for the commands to be used. In this case, TeamViewer.

Boom it works! As long I am focused in to the correct software on the remote computer. The commands from the StreamDeck pass from my local computer to the remote machine.. The only problem now is that I have to run multiple TeamViewer machines at once.. I'm going to need a dedicated computer for that remote session only.. That way when i click back into my console remote session i don't go issuing key strokes for that software.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 01:10:34 PM »

At first I set up the control software on the remote computer that is running Qlab and the StreamDeck would not connect.

After that, I installed the control software on my local computer.. It connected. I mad a few buttons for simple Hotkey key strokes that Qlab has.. Go is Spacebar, Up is Up down is Down, Anything that has a Hotkey in the program you can program a key for on the StreamDeck. Then in the settings of the control software you can select a default program for the commands to be used. In this case, TeamViewer.

Boom it works! As long I am focused in to the correct software on the remote computer. The commands from the StreamDeck pass from my local computer to the remote machine.. The only problem now is that I have to run multiple TeamViewer machines at once.. I'm going to need a dedicated computer for that remote session only.. That way when i click back into my console remote session i don't go issuing key strokes for that software.

Fascinating. This is incredibly useful to know.

Just to be clear, you're not using Companion, you're using the native StreamDeck control software?
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 02:09:04 AM »

MUCH easier with Companion. No need for the software to be "focused" and no need for TeamViewer. If you don't want a dedicated computer just for the SD you can use an RPI. Definitely no need for TV on a local network, and optional over the internet.

It's all doable, just some steps to go through if you're doing this for the first time. I probably should make a video on how to do all this when I get some time. Too many other pressing things atm! (Sorry, Brian!)
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 02:09:04 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.