Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Console Connectivity Solutions

Stream Deck, TeamViewer, and QLab

(1/2) > >>

Benjamin Krumholz:
Anyone use a Stream Deck over team viewer? Meaning the Stream Deck is with you and you are controlling another computer connected through Team Viewer.

I have a remote rig with 2 Team Viewer Machines. One is a Control Machine running TF Editor connected to a TF Mixer. The other machine is a Playback Machine running Qlab... I would love to be able to remotely control the qlab ques using a Stream Deck or X-keys.

Using Unity Intercom to monitor audio.

Thanks
Ben

Andrew Broughton:
I use n/Grok. No need for TV and works like a hot damn.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Andrew Broughton on August 23, 2020, 01:29:15 am ---I use n/Grok. No need for TV and works like a hot damn.

--- End quote ---

For those of us with poor memory skills, can you walk us through the basic mechanics of how that works?

Benjamin Krumholz:

--- Quote from: brian maddox on August 23, 2020, 04:04:26 pm --- can you walk us through the basic mechanics of how that works?

--- End quote ---

So, i went out and bought a StreamDeck Mini and answered my own question.

It works pretty well so far.

At first I set up the control software on the remote computer that is running Qlab and the StreamDeck would not connect.

After that, I installed the control software on my local computer.. It connected. I mad a few buttons for simple Hotkey key strokes that Qlab has.. Go is Spacebar, Up is Up down is Down, Anything that has a Hotkey in the program you can program a key for on the StreamDeck. Then in the settings of the control software you can select a default program for the commands to be used. In this case, TeamViewer.

Boom it works! As long I am focused in to the correct software on the remote computer. The commands from the StreamDeck pass from my local computer to the remote machine.. The only problem now is that I have to run multiple TeamViewer machines at once.. I'm going to need a dedicated computer for that remote session only.. That way when i click back into my console remote session i don't go issuing key strokes for that software.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Benjamin Krumholz on August 26, 2020, 10:11:32 pm ---So, i went out and bought a StreamDeck Mini and answered my own question.

It works pretty well so far.

At first I set up the control software on the remote computer that is running Qlab and the StreamDeck would not connect.

After that, I installed the control software on my local computer.. It connected. I mad a few buttons for simple Hotkey key strokes that Qlab has.. Go is Spacebar, Up is Up down is Down, Anything that has a Hotkey in the program you can program a key for on the StreamDeck. Then in the settings of the control software you can select a default program for the commands to be used. In this case, TeamViewer.

Boom it works! As long I am focused in to the correct software on the remote computer. The commands from the StreamDeck pass from my local computer to the remote machine.. The only problem now is that I have to run multiple TeamViewer machines at once.. I'm going to need a dedicated computer for that remote session only.. That way when i click back into my console remote session i don't go issuing key strokes for that software.

--- End quote ---

Fascinating. This is incredibly useful to know.

Just to be clear, you're not using Companion, you're using the native StreamDeck control software?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version