ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL5 - setup Solo button  (Read 4521 times)

Chris Alley

Yamaha CL5 - setup Solo button
« on: August 17, 2020, 12:11:36 PM »

Yamaha CL5 - Is there a way to setup a channel solo on the custom “Assign” knob? I miss that function from Mackie. I’d like to be able to push the button and hear only that channel.
Thanks

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Yamaha CL5 - setup Solo button
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 01:56:19 PM »

Yamaha CL5 - Is there a way to setup a channel solo on the custom “Assign” knob? I miss that function from Mackie. I’d like to be able to push the button and hear only that channel.
Thanks

How would it be different than just using the solo button?

Mac

Chris Alley

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 02:19:23 PM »

How would it be different than just using the solo button?

Mac

There is no solo button on cl5

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 05:03:44 PM »

There is no solo button on cl5

OK, I'll rephrase. How is that different than using the PFL button?

I have been using CL5 consoles for 10 years and I have never had an issue listening to a single channel via the PFL.

Mac

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 08:25:19 PM »

OK, I'll rephrase. How is that different than using the PFL button?

I have been using CL5 consoles for 10 years and I have never had an issue listening to a single channel via the PFL.

Mac

To be ridiculously pedantic, it's a "Cue" button. :) The PFL/AFL modes are selectable for Inputs and/or outputs.

to the OP: If you're looking for "Solo In Place" which sends whatever you have Cued and ONLY that thing to the stereo bus, that is located in the Monitor section/Cue subsection. Hitting the "On" button next to Solo on the lower left engages SIP. There will be a lot of blinking and warning going on while you're in this mode so you don't forget and put your headphones on mid-show and cue something up thereby giving your audience a "bass solo" of whatever, not that i've ever had that happen.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 04:18:51 PM »

To be ridiculously pedantic, it's a "Cue" button. :) The PFL/AFL modes are selectable for Inputs and/or outputs.

to the OP: If you're looking for "Solo In Place" which sends whatever you have Cued and ONLY that thing to the stereo bus, that is located in the Monitor section/Cue subsection. Hitting the "On" button next to Solo on the lower left engages SIP. There will be a lot of blinking and warning going on while you're in this mode so you don't forget and put your headphones on mid-show and cue something up thereby giving your audience a "bass solo" of whatever, not that i've ever had that happen.

I do miss the giant button covered by a lid on Midas desks for SIP. It was like you were going to launch a missile or something.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Chris Alley

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 01:41:12 PM »

Perfect! Thanks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 01:41:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.