ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: XR16 and Router  (Read 4284 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: XR16 and Router
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2020, 08:10:09 AM »

Thank you! I will look into it more and see what I can adjust. I appreciate the help.

Also on the XR16 turn off the internal WIFI broadcast.

I have my systems set up more or less like all the suggestions here.

As mentioned get a WIFI scanner app so you can see what channels are in use and set you router accordingly, I check every location I set up in.
Last I checked they were only available for Andriod though. That works for me I mix with iPads but my personal tablet is Android.

On 2.4ghz there are only three channels that do not overlap with each other, 1, 6 and 11. Guess what three channels are used more often than not!

5ghz channels do not overlap one another.

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2020, 11:08:48 AM »

We use it for our outside services. I set it on top of the box that contains the mixer. The iPad is less than 50' away with clear view. I need to check for clarity of signal and the band but nothing else should be using it because it is only sending signal for the mixer. How do I verify the frequency is clear? I was under the impression that a router/modem would keep us from dropping signal.

Find a quiet place, turn down the lights, sit in a comfy place, light a candle, and repeat this mantra many times:

"I will never rely on wireless network access for mission critical services.  I will always have a wired backup."

I work as a network admin by day and a sound engineer on weekends.  I make my living doing this and the mantra above is the answer you seek.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2020, 06:36:40 PM »

"I will never rely on wireless network access for mission critical services.  I will always have a wired backup."

Yes!  This should be screened next to the network ports on every digital console.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

John L Nobile

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2020, 10:02:56 PM »

Wireless is a convenience. Don't rely solely on it. Always have a backup. You will use it.

Curtis McGill

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2020, 05:00:36 PM »

Dumb question coming: if I hide the SSID, how do I find the access point with my iPad to connect to the mixer?

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2020, 06:09:17 PM »

Under "other network" type in the exact name of the hidden network and it will 'usually' find it.

Dumb question coming: if I hide the SSID, how do I find the access point with my iPad to connect to the mixer?

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2020, 07:02:32 PM »

Under "other network" type in the exact name of the hidden network and it will 'usually' find it.

I've also found that it takes a little longer for an iPad to connect to a hidden SSID network.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2020, 07:02:32 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.