Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

RIO 3224 hard reset

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mike Cusson:

--- Quote from: Andrew Broughton on August 05, 2020, 11:40:22 AM ---Use R-Remote after v3.11. Updates both the firmware and Dante on a RIO.

https://download.yamaha.com/files/tcm:39-832167?_ga=2.193520747.794274178.1596557380-945505399.1594481001

--- End quote ---

I see my RIO device in R-Remote but it disconnect and get stuck at 'connecting'. So i can't see the device in the firmware update section.

I use DHCP auto.
My firewall is off
All the dip switch are up on the device.

You have any ideas on that?

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Mike Cusson on August 05, 2020, 12:11:25 PM ---I see my RIO device in R-Remote but it disconnect and get stuck at 'connecting'. So i can't see the device in the firmware update section.

I use DHCP auto.
My firewall is off
All the dip switch are up on the device.

You have any ideas on that?

--- End quote ---

Call Yamaha USA or the distributor for your country if not in the USA.  I am not certain this is a user-recoverable error.

Andrew Broughton:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on August 05, 2020, 12:39:17 PM ---Call Yamaha USA or the distributor for your country if not in the USA.  I am not certain this is a user-recoverable error.

--- End quote ---
Good advice.

You might get somewhere with the Failsafe recovery procedure (1st doc I linked), but you might also make things worse. Best to contact Yamaha to find out what they recommend.

Mike Cusson:

--- Quote from: Andrew Broughton on August 05, 2020, 02:02:29 PM ---Good advice.

You might get somewhere with the Failsafe recovery procedure (1st doc I linked), but you might also make things worse. Best to contact Yamaha to find out what they recommend.

--- End quote ---

I wrote to Yamaha.
What is weird is that i did success to put the RIO 3.11 firmware in it! Now the problem seems to be with R-Remote. And i tried with a pc and a Mac, same thing.

Nurul Aqilah:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on August 05, 2020, 12:56:00 AM ---Brooklyn II is Audinate's Dante chipset.  No, you probably shouldn't be seeing that in Controller.  You should be able to reflash the firmware since you didn't brick the RIO.

--- End quote ---

How do I reflash the firmware? This happen when my colleague was updating it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version