ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on SLX-D?  (Read 1053 times)

MikeHarris

Re: Thoughts on SLX-D?
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 04:10:37 pm »

Available in both ULX-D and Axient Digital!   ;D

I kind of doubt you'll ever see a quad receiver in the cheap lines.

sad..as its the lower end of the market that would avoid wireless abuse with a 4 channel receiver with builtin distro..
pros kno antenna distribution important...

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2020, 01:39:07 am »

sad..as its the lower end of the market that would avoid wireless abuse with a 4 channel receiver with builtin distro..
pros kno antenna distribution important...

True, but at least Digital doesn't seems to have much issue without distro compared to their analog counterpart.

Hopefully SLX-D is price the same or lower compared to SLX, but I really wonder does it really cost that much to include Workbench support? Isn't the digital technology suppose to be cheaper in radio design compared to the analog counterpart? I mean they already include an Ethernet port and I doubt it cost much to support WWB.

Justin Quinn

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 06:50:06 am »

True, but at least Digital doesn't seems to have much issue without distro compared to their analog counterpart.

Hopefully SLX-D is price the same or lower compared to SLX, but I really wonder does it really cost that much to include Workbench support? Isn't the digital technology suppose to be cheaper in radio design compared to the analog counterpart? I mean they already include an Ethernet port and I doubt it cost much to support WWB.
SLX-D is more expensive than SLX, or at least seems to be based off of the retailers listing it now.  You can get an SLX (analog) reciever/SM58 combo for $599, whereas that same configuration in SLX-D will cost you $749 (from B&H), and just for reference, that configuration in QLXD is $999.

Justin Quinn

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 06:04:34 pm »

Shure just announced WWB 6.13.3 which includes "SLX-D support" but whether that means networked monitoring and control thereof or just that it has profiles for SLX-D units so that they can be coordinated as an offline device I'm not sure... I sent a message over to Shure but haven't heard.

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2020, 07:48:55 pm »

Shure just announced WWB 6.13.3 which includes "SLX-D support" but whether that means networked monitoring and control thereof or just that it has profiles for SLX-D units so that they can be coordinated as an offline device I'm not sure... I sent a message over to Shure but haven't heard.

I looked at the WWB update today and tuned into the Shure "tech talk" webinar where they talked about the SLX-D launch.
No control or monitoring via WWB, but the SLX-D units are available in the inventory tab so you can coordinate frequencies to manually deploy.
The Shure folks did mention that you can network six units together and do some "group set-up" functions. I had to bail before they got into the specifics.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2020, 09:40:05 pm »

[...] No control or monitoring via WWB, but the SLX-D units are available in the inventory tab so you can coordinate frequencies to manually deploy. [...]

Crippleware it is, then. Makes sense to preserve market segmentation, but still a little annoying.

-Russ

David Peterson (IronFilm)

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2020, 02:53:54 am »

SLX-D is more expensive than SLX, or at least seems to be based off of the retailers listing it now.  You can get an SLX (analog) reciever/SM58 combo for $599, whereas that same configuration in SLX-D will cost you $749 (from B&H), and just for reference, that configuration in QLXD is $999.

SLX has been out for yonks and yonks, QLXD has been out for a little while, but SLX-D only just got announced.

Would it be correct to assume with time, that street pricing will ease up a little and come down to say $650 for SLX-D once SLX stock has been discontinued and cleared out? That would then put a sizable pricing difference between SLX-D and QLX-D

Justin Quinn

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2020, 08:36:53 am »

SLX has been out for yonks and yonks, QLXD has been out for a little while, but SLX-D only just got announced.

Would it be correct to assume with time, that street pricing will ease up a little and come down to say $650 for SLX-D once SLX stock has been discontinued and cleared out? That would then put a sizable pricing difference between SLX-D and QLX-D
That would make sense, at least.  Shure likes to make a product's replacement around the same price as what it's replacing.  If these systems end up being approximately the same cost as an SLX analog system, this would be an amazing deal.

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2020, 11:54:01 pm »

In Europe single SLXD with sm58 retails around 530 euro right now (preorder). That is 624 freedom currency. Beta 58 is around 30 euroos more.The dual receiver sets aren't listed yet.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 11:56:35 pm by Geert Friedhof »

Justin Quinn

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2020, 08:35:36 am »

In Europe single SLXD with sm58 retails around 530 euro right now (preorder). That is 624 freedom currency. Beta 58 is around 30 euroos more.The dual receiver sets aren't listed yet.
That looks promising...

I found it available for preorder on B&H for $699 (single channel SM58) and Sweetwater lists it for the same but says that it's in stock.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 08:40:55 am by Justin Quinn »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2020, 08:35:36 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.