ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smallest fog machine I've ever seen  (Read 2827 times)

John L Nobile

Smallest fog machine I've ever seen
« on: July 29, 2020, 10:41:54 AM »

An German water ski team left this in our receiving dept 2 years ago and they gave it to me. When I saw the box, I thought it was just the tank. I gotta say that I think it's cute. Might make a nice paperweight.

Looks like it also has 3 LED's in the front. Cool toy

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Smallest fog machine I've ever seen
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 12:42:38 PM »

When WICKED! came through a few years ago they had a tiny fogger that was a wee bit smaller/different shape.  They used it to "charge" Elphaba's flying broom corn so it left a trail of 'smoke' as it flew to her hand.  It was also used at the end of the show when Fiyero and Glinda exit upstage into the corn field.

I think it was a "Tiny Fogger" and was a German product.  Lots of atmospherics used in Wicked.  When I worked the month long sit down here, I dumped 150 lbs of dry ice into a City Theatrical fogger every performance. The rest of the time I tried to not get run over by the cast running for fast wardrobe/prop changes.  Then at the end I got to melt the witch... ;D
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 12:56:26 PM »

Nice find John!  They do come smaller though - however the definition of "fog machine" starts to become vague at that point.  I've seen a handful of devices that are meant to integrate into costumes and props mainly for special effects.  As with all things fog the mileage will vary, but once you wander into the Wizarding World of SFX there are all sorts of neat gizmos to shoehorn! 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 12:58:22 PM »

Nice find John!  They do come smaller though - however the definition of "fog machine" starts to become vague at that point.  I've seen a handful of devices that are meant to integrate into costumes and props mainly for special effects.  As with all things fog the mileage will vary, but once you wander into the Wizarding World of SFX there are all sorts of neat gizmos to shoehorn!

And the smaller they are, the larger the price tag...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John L Nobile

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 01:28:34 PM »

And the smaller they are, the larger the price tag...

Not this one. It's in an Amazon box.

After reading your previous post, I can now see the use of something this small in theater. Or smaller ones in magic acts. But I think it was meant to be used on an outdoor water-ski show so I understand why it was never picked up.

It was going in the trash but I have a friend who does small DJ gigs that would probably like to play with it.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 06:22:34 PM »

Those are nice little foggers. About 30 bucks, so essentially disposable.  The LEDs are dumb, but whatever.  I use these for halloween.  Instead of one fogger, I use 9.  They do the job nicely.

Definitely not the smallest foggers I've ever seen.  Way back in the 90's I was at LDI and they had foggers built into a mini par can.  The were about 6 inches long and 3 inches wide.  The tank sat outside, but they were the cutest little things ever.  I can't remember the price, but it was well beyond stupid at the time, so I didn't buy any.  Wish I could have!
Brian Jojade

Daniel Levi

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 02:14:36 AM »

Not cheap but here is the Thomann page for the Look range of mini foggers, the fact that LEMO connectors are used is probably part of the cost, the 4 pin ones for old Trantec wireless systems are £20, and that will be one of their lower ranges.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/look_smoke_machines.html?viewMode=block

J Levene

• The Basement
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 12:14:25 AM »

I beat you https://www.smokemachines.net/buy-tiny-foggers.shtml#tinyfx

Probably has the output of an e-cigarette, but it is smaller ;-)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 12:14:25 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.