ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ETC Smartpack wall-mount replacement?  (Read 738 times)

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
Re: ETC Smartpack wall-mount replacement?
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 10:37:56 am »

Never put an LED fixture on a dimmer.  Never, ever, no really not ever.

I think this way about anything LED honestly.

Which is why I'd like the system to have reverse phase (trailing edge) dimming, so the client can retrofit however they want in 3,5,10 years and the system still work.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 11:01:41 am »

Well both Lightronics (Kevin is great) and Dove (also great conversation) don't have trailing edge (reverse phase) dimming.

Their suggestion is to send them LED lamps for testing prior to buying.

They also don't have relays for the power. But they assure me the waveform is untouched at 100% (relay mode) [I would like to verify with a scope personally].

---

Really, my rationale for a unit with trailing edge dimming is so the client can add whatever lighting they want and it still perform well, and to improve the performance of current gen led lamps.
Currently, I'm not happy with much/any of the dimming characteristics (in the 0-10% dimming department) of most manufactures.

Kevin suggested, Sylvania - 74796 as some of the best dimming to 5% & TCPi.com P38 lamps as well.

---

I might simply suggest a lightronics or DRd option with the cost/benefit analysis for each.

You might find some interesting reading on the ETC web site if you haven't already seen their "LED Dimming Compatibility" study.
Scott Hofmann

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 11:34:41 am »

You might find some interesting reading on the ETC web site if you haven't already seen their "LED Dimming Compatibility" study.

That video was excellent.

https://www.etcconnect.com/compatibility/

Thanks!
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 11:34:41 am »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 23 queries.