ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody found a small moving wash that works? Talking China lights here...  (Read 5562 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography

Fair enough, but that last statement doesn't jive with $Ben price tags  :P

Good luck!

FWIW, just picked up some ZW19's from CristieLites used sales for a steal. I love them.

Lol! I hear you.

Those ZW19's look pretty sweet. I always liked the Mac Aura. Just not the price tag.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL

FWIW, just picked up some ZW19's from CristieLites used sales for a steal. I love them.

Nice!  Did they come from the same lot in Orlando that I saw for sale on UsedLights?

But yeah, if anybody has a small pile of 101's out there for a benjamin each, I'm all ears! lol

I know you say that tongue in cheek, but what's out there may surprise you.  It looks like Mac 101s can be had south of $500/unit now, and many of the older dinosaur Macs are selling for even less than that!  If you find the right person you might even be able to score some for the price of gas to get them and a nice dinner for the seller.  Mac Auras (preferably XB) are my first choice for rider-friendly washes at the moment - looks like they're right about $1K/ea used, which isn't bad at all for what they are.

Obviously buying used lights carries their own can of worms and since you're an experienced professional user I'm sure you know of all the trade-offs between that and buying extreme budget fixtures, but it might be something worth pricing out to see where you end up.  Good luck!

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions

Nice!  Did they come from the same lot in Orlando that I saw for sale on UsedLights?

Yeah they were for sale everywhere, but I guess no one was buying. Got a deal...

Tim, might not hurt to call up Cristie Lites, I know they're trying to dump inventory right now...
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL

Yeah they were for sale everywhere, but I guess no one was buying. Got a deal...

Tim, might not hurt to call up Cristie Lites, I know they're trying to dump inventory right now...

Glad to hear!  Good deals are always fun.  Websites like Usedlighting are dangerous though - it's way to easy to contract GAS from them!  In all seriousness though Tim, it never hurts to ask around.  Given our current situation in the industry you never know what could happen.  I've literally scored van-fulls of used inventory from companies who deemed the storage space more valuable.  You pull it, you keep it - we just want it gone! 

Tracy Garner

So, in our Youth room I'd like to put a bunch of small moving washes out on upright truss. Probably 3 to a truss, maybe 18-20 over all. Now this is a small stage so this is totally just wiggling eye-candy.

Something like the Inno Pocket Z4 would be awesome. Especially if I had 20+ of them, but they are over 300 bucks each. I'm looking for something much more cost effective, so I'm kinda stuck looking at Chicom lights.

Does anybody have something they've used that might work for this? I see good things about the Lixada 105W on ebay, but everybody says they are loud, and since this is a church service in a smaller room, that's probably a deal breaker.

What's out there, under 100 bucks a light, but works OK, and isn't real loud? Stuff from Mao's Big Rock Candy Mountain is OK with me, since these might be recycled by next year when we change up the set again.

Hi Tim,

I think I sent you an email with a contact direct in China with good lights. RGBAW+UV, battery, wifi.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography

Hi Tim,

I think I sent you an email with a contact direct in China with good lights. RGBAW+UV, battery, wifi.

I'm not seeing it.

HighSPL (at) Gmail -dot- com
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tracy Garner

I'm not seeing it.

HighSPL (at) Gmail -dot- com

sent

J Levene

• The Basement

To be honest, go with the big names that use Chinese OEM.  The reason is that there are so many lousy Chinese lights that literally last 5 minutes.  The bigger brands go out to China and source the best quality, whereas you have to depend on pot luck which can end up really expensive.

I recommend using companies like ADJ, ProLights, Chauvet, etc.  They may be slightly more expensive than the eBay listings, but they will last far longer and have a warranty you can actually use, so they are far cheaper in the long run.

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.