ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Any full range speakers with the bass power of a sub?  (Read 6180 times)

John L Nobile

Re: Any full range speakers with the bass power of a sub?
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2020, 10:33:53 AM »

Wow, brings back memories. Way way way back, long ago, I had a pair of V20s over V30s. Drive was DC300s. I am better now, thank you.

I used to use CV V35's in the 70's. Loved them back then. Not sure I would today.

Nah, I wouldn't like them today. Honky and no low bass. But that's what speakers sounded like back then.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2020, 05:01:15 PM »

Oh sorry Don. I use 2 Crown 3600's with DBX 2231 eq, Ashly XR1001 Crossover, Allen and heath Xone 23 DJ Mixer. Sonic R218 Subs and EV Eliminator i Tops.

Yes, just a separate simple 2-3 way speaker system with heavy bass for family use is what I am thinking with it's own amp/receiver and eq.

Thanks for all of those suggestions guys.

Mike I think you might really be surprised by some of the self-powered (active) 2-way speakers available now.  Some if these have "bass or deep" modes that do a pretty good job of making you think there are subs.  We use to have a 10" active set in its "deep mode" that we would demo sitting on top of the companion sub.  After a short demo, we would ask the customer if they would like to hear it with the sub connected.  Most were very surprised that the sub had not been on for the initial demo.  Of course the speakers DID sound better with sub on!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2020, 05:01:15 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.