Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > DJ Forum

Any full range speakers with the bass power of a sub?

(1/5) > >>

Mike Henderson:
Hey guys, is there any full range 18" 2 or 3 way speaker which has the bass of a sub? I have a dual 18" sub and tops which I run a crossover but I am thinking of getting a full range speaker which can give deep powerful bass.

David Allred:

--- Quote from: Mike Henderson on July 24, 2020, 01:33:56 pm ---Hey guys, is there any full range 18" 2 or 3 way speaker which has the bass of a sub? I have a dual 18" sub and tops which I run a crossover but I am thinking of getting a full range speaker which can give deep powerful bass.

--- End quote ---
Separate sub & top cabs give you 2 manageable pieces and the ability to get the top cab up in the air (stacked or on a stand).
Sub included cab would be monstrous to manage and no good (easy) way to get the mid/high up in the air.
2-way... no way.
3-way as a minimum.

Paul G. OBrien:
There are but they are just as big if not bigger than your dual 18 subs. There is no free lunch when it comes to sub bass.

Nathan Riddle:
Danley J1... 6x18" drivers ;)

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Mike Henderson on July 24, 2020, 01:33:56 pm ---Hey guys, is there any full range 18" 2 or 3 way speaker which has the bass of a sub? I have a dual 18" sub and tops which I run a crossover but I am thinking of getting a full range speaker which can give deep powerful bass.

--- End quote ---

Meyer MTS4. Discontinued, but a great sounding "full range" 4 way speaker. Big and heavy but sounds great with plenty of deep bass.

Mac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version