ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ashly SC-40 & SC-50 connectivity  (Read 2106 times)

Rick Lazaroff

Ashly SC-40 & SC-50 connectivity
« on: July 19, 2020, 07:26:52 PM »

I have an Ashly SC-40 Preamp and SC-50 Compressor that I have been using in my Bass Guitar Amp set-up for many years. Considering they are around 40 years old they still sound great. I've had them repaired a few times at least and they keep on doing a great job for me. I have a question about the best way to connect them. For years I have plugged my bass into the input of the SC-40 on the front panel. Then I would connect the "send" of the preamp (effect) to the "in" of the compressor. Then I would connect the "out" of the compressor to the "return" of the preamp (effect). Then of course XLR (out) to the PA and line out of the preamp to a power amp powering my bass cabinet. My question is, have I been conecting these two units correctly or is there a better way? I am considerin having an "insert" installed on my SC-40 preamp so I could connect the compressor to it via the "insert" jack. I have an excellent repair shop who could more than likely install an insert jack on my SC-40 but I thought I would ask the members of this forum their thoughts on this issue.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 07:41:04 PM »

thoughts on this issue.

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: Ashly SC-40 & SC-50 connectivity
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 11:56:56 PM »

I have an Ashly SC-40 Preamp and SC-50 Compressor that I have been using in my Bass Guitar Amp set-up for many years. Considering they are around 40 years old they still sound great. I've had them repaired a few times at least and they keep on doing a great job for me. I have a question about the best way to connect them. For years I have plugged my bass into the input of the SC-40 on the front panel. Then I would connect the "send" of the preamp (effect) to the "in" of the compressor. Then I would connect the "out" of the compressor to the "return" of the preamp (effect). Then of course XLR (out) to the PA and line out of the preamp to a power amp powering my bass cabinet. My question is, have I been conecting these two units correctly or is there a better way? I am considerin having an "insert" installed on my SC-40 preamp so I could connect the compressor to it via the "insert" jack. I have an excellent repair shop who could more than likely install an insert jack on my SC-40 but I thought I would ask the members of this forum their thoughts on this issue.

I think you'll have much better luck in the LAB Lounge. The Console Connectivity Solutions forum is primarily "about good connectivity solutions for the various digital transport systems out there", with a dash of console networking and control thrown in.

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Ashly SC-40 & SC-50 connectivity
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 11:56:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.