ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What do Engineers want to see from Manufacturers during COVID times?  (Read 4174 times)

Ryan O John

• ryanojohn.com

With live shows on hold for the most part, what do engineers want to see manufacturers doing in this time?  There are plenty providing webinars, many have created online classes, certificate programs, what else (if anything) would you like to see manufacturers doing during this time?
Ryan John
Product Manager | Avid Live Sound

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
Re: What do Engineers want to see from Manufacturers during COVID times?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 03:26:06 PM »

With live shows on hold for the most part, what do engineers want to see manufacturers doing in this time?  There are plenty providing webinars, many have created online classes, certificate programs, what else (if anything) would you like to see manufacturers doing during this time?
Instructions for how to safely clean/sanitize equipment for those of us doing streaming programs. Primarily what cleaning products won't damage finishes or leak onto internal components.

Philip

Chip Sciacca

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 04:24:41 PM »

Instructions for how to safely clean/sanitize equipment for those of us doing streaming programs. Primarily what cleaning products won't damage finishes or leak onto internal components.

Philip

Hi Philip.   
If you reach out to me at [email protected] I can forward you our Tech Note regarding safely cleaning the consoles in the crazy times !
Best Regards!

Tech Support Engineer
Group One Ltd.
DiGiCo USA
Klang USA

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 06:01:30 PM »

Hi Philip.   
If you reach out to me at [email protected] I can forward you our Tech Note regarding safely cleaning the consoles in the crazy times !
Best Regards!

Note sent.

Thanks!

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 08:13:51 PM »

Hi Philip.   
Best Regards!
Why not just have a section on your website that has that info freely available for anyone who needs it, whenever they need it without having to go through the process of emailing and waiting for reply.

In fact, that should go for every manufacturer. They should ALL have that info freely available right on the front page of their website for everything they make: Consoles, microphones, cables, screens (especially touch screens), rack gear...anything that can be touched or coughed on by a human.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 11:11:09 PM »

In fact, that should go for every manufacturer. They should ALL have that info freely available right on the front page of their website for everything they make: Consoles, microphones, cables, screens (especially touch screens), rack gear...anything that can be touched or coughed on by a human.
+1 to this. I see no reason that this shouldn't stay on the front page of every manufacture til "Covid is done"

Philip

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 11:40:30 PM »

Chip, you don't have to go on record as telling people how to be Virus Snipers.  To clean your consoles and accessories we need to know what products should be avoided, what products can be used occasionally, what can be used routinely; we need to know what techniques to use and precautions to take to avoid damaging the product (silk screened legends, plastics, buttons, knobs, inside stuff too) we are cleaning.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 05:41:47 AM »

Why not just have a section on your website that has that info freely available for anyone who needs it, whenever they need it without having to go through the process of emailing and waiting for reply.

+1

As a Digico owner, I'd say that's one of the annoying things with Digico. They have a tech note for everything, but you have to call/mail to get it. Why not just have the information easily available?

Same goes for every other manufacturer out there. I don't buy your product to become a member of a "secret über club" where hand signs and smoke signals are required to navigate, I buy them to do a job and would really like to have all info available to me so I can support your products out in the field.

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 07:08:40 AM »

Another Digico owner here.  Thankfully all those things are downloadable from the website (second one down).

https://digico.biz/base_product/all-technical-notes/

I know that not all the tech notes have been that easily accessible, and there are some that are more detailed service tech notes that are not readily available (rightly so), but they seem to do a pretty decent job of updating their support documentation via the website fairly regularly.

Chip Sciacca

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 01:45:38 PM »

Thank you brian.  As you see there is a great deal of information available from our web page but certain things obviously cannot be posted for all to see without Atleast ensuring that the person requesting the information even owns the console as there are times when the owner may not want something done to their gear. 

Another Digico owner here.  Thankfully all those things are downloadable from the website (second one down).

https://digico.biz/base_product/all-technical-notes/

I know that not all the tech notes have been that easily accessible, and there are some that are more detailed service tech notes that are not readily available (rightly so), but they seem to do a pretty decent job of updating their support documentation via the website fairly regularly.
Tech Support Engineer
Group One Ltd.
DiGiCo USA
Klang USA

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 01:45:38 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.