ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driverack 260 Output Routing (Stereo & Mono Setup)  (Read 385 times)

Rich Daniel

Driverack 260 Output Routing (Stereo & Mono Setup)
« on: July 15, 2020, 12:50:40 pm »

Good day folks,  I saw some posts that the answer to my question may have been addressed but I have a specific question on configuration. So sorry if that has been beaten to death before. 

Can I use the 260 to run this 4Way Config -

Output 1 & 2 = Left Highs & Right Highs
Output 3 & 4 = Left High Mid & Right High Mid
Output 5       = Low Mid with a Cable splitter to run both Amp channels (is this where Sum of channels come into play and provide a Stereo out of output 5 OR 6 only?)
Output 6       = Sub either Mono or with Splitter

In Particular can you unpair 5 & 6 and run a different setting for Xover, PEQ and Delay etc.

I have a Driverack PA2 now and want to run my EAW tops as 3 Way instead of 2 Way.

Thanks in advance

Matthew Knischewsky

Re: Driverack 260 Output Routing (Stereo & Mono Setup)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 01:34:02 pm »

Yes. Program F31 comes very close to what you want with a minor reconfiguration of the Auto Gain Control on outputs 5 and 6 to a limiter, and you'll have to rename the outputs. Not that you need to use the AGC but a limiter is much more useful for your application.

Adjusting the X-over filters between bands won't be elegant but it'll work. If you have a computer running windows you can download the Driveware software and play around with the configurations by inserting an offline processor. The software isn't necessary to make the config changes on a DR260 but the software sure does make it easier.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:58:18 pm by Matthew Knischewsky »

Rich Daniel

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 01:51:17 pm »

Yes. Program U6 comes very close to what you want with a minor reconfiguration of the Auto Gain Control on outputs 5 and 6 to a limiter, and you'll have to rename the outputs. Not that you need to use the AGC but a limiter is much more useful for your application.

Adjusting the X-over filters between bands won't be elegant but it'll work. If you have a computer running windows you can download the Driveware software and play around with the configurations by inserting an offline processor. The software isn't necessary to make the config changes on a DR260 but the software sure does make it easier.

Thanks for the quick reply- I am not sure what you mean by this - "minor reconfiguration of the Auto Gain Control on outputs 5 and 6".  I currently use voltage limit via the limiter on the DriveRack PA2.  Would I be able to do the limiter for the individual 5 and 6 Channels?  I dont have a PC...

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 02:09:02 pm »

Unlike the DriveRack PA, you can route any input to any output, and treat each completely independently.
Brian Jojade

Rich Daniel

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 02:18:10 pm »

Unlike the DriveRack PA, you can route any input to any output, and treat each completely independently.

Great, thanks to all.

Matthew Knischewsky

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 02:45:22 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply- I am not sure what you mean by this - "minor reconfiguration of the Auto Gain Control on outputs 5 and 6".  I currently use voltage limit via the limiter on the DriveRack PA2.  Would I be able to do the limiter for the individual 5 and 6 Channels?  I dont have a PC...

Program F31 is a factory preset in the DR260. It has Auto Gain Controls (AGC) configured on outputs 5 and 6 but the AGCs may be reconfigured to be limiters. Not the easiest to do from the front panel but not impossible.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:58:36 pm by Matthew Knischewsky »

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 03:27:14 pm »

Much easier in using the software.

Without firing up my laptop and looking at the software I'm going to say you will want to set three independent crossovers/filters, one for the stereo mids to highs, a single mono filter that is sourced from both inputs for the low mid out and a single mono filter sourced from both inputs for the sub out.

You will want to link the output processing for the mids and highs.

All that is set up in the configuration mode in the software.

Download the Driveware software from DBX, message me your email and I'll send you a baseline configuration that you can start with.

What EAW boxes do you have, do you have the DSP settings for them, if you do take note of PEQ filter width settings some are listed as Q or BW, those numbers are not interchangeable!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:35:10 pm by Mike Caldwell »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 03:27:14 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.