ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I won't buy from Full Compass anymore.  (Read 1317 times)

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
Re: I won't buy from Full Compass anymore.
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 03:16:04 pm »

I think most anyone can certainly understand and forgive supply chain related issues.  It's the customer service regarding follow up and keeping your client informed of these issues.  One of my manufacturers took the month of May off for Covid related reasons.  And rightly so.  But I had to wait three weeks into May to find out that several orders that I'd placed at the end of April, would not ship until "June.  Maybe.  Yeah, probably June.  If we come back in.  If we have the stuff when we get to your order".  I am pissed that I have to call in to find out that kind of thing, rather than them telling me when I placed the order or at least offering up the information when was obviously going to be an issue.  It's tough for all of us, but don't make it tougher on me by making explain the shortcomings of the manufacturer I'm using.
This space for rent

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2020, 03:52:43 pm »

They just tell me that they will check on it and then never follow up.

Cutting them some slack would be easier if they followed up as promised.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Steve Litscher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 10:32:51 pm »

My order from back in March is still on backorder. Customer service isn't any help. They just tell me that they will check on it and then never follow up.

I want to order a new keyboard too, but not if it will take until Christmas to arrive.

Anyone else having this trouble?

Do you have a specific rep you work with? I'm sort of shocked by the lack of response, as my rep has been more than helpful and super proactive letting me know about things that I've had on order. Have you tried giving them a call and let them know that you're getting frustrated by the slow/lack of response?

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2020, 03:37:57 am »

I have bought a bunch of stuff from FC many times and never had a problem.

MikeHarris

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2020, 03:47:50 am »

not sure if M A was hacked or upgrade gone awry...combined with all work from home & disrupted supply and production, they had a severe hiccup, but appear to be recovering.
I received heat for incomplete orders....hearing back took a couple of days.

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 06:20:39 am »

not sure if M A was hacked or upgrade gone awry...combined with all work from home & disrupted supply and production, they had a severe hiccup, but appear to be recovering.

Hmm, Draper (another major A/V installation hardware manufacturer) got hacked this same time last year. Apparently shut down everything from their phone system to the machines on the production floor:

Quote from: Draper Inc.
Our communication and computer systems have been encrypted by ransomware. Draper will continue to be closed on Thursday, and is not manufacturing, shipping, or entering orders. We apologize for your inconvenience, and are diligently working to restore all operations.

Took them about six months to get past it, and they didn't have social distancing issues to deal with simultaneously.

--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
    • Raw Depth Sound, Harrisburg, PA
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2020, 06:41:49 am »

I am not sure that the supply chain is really that bad. I mean, almost everyone I know has been back to work now for the past month, (US, eastern half). As well, I've ordered things from other online companies during the pandemic and all has arrived within a week. The shipping companies have been working overtime throughout. So, put on a mask, put the shit in a box, and ship it out!

But, OK. Now knowing that others are having similar troubles, I'll give them a bit more slack. I'll assume that maybe the manufacturers are hold things up. That's the part I just don't know.
Member since 2005.

Matthew Knischewsky

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 11:29:42 am »

I am not sure that the supply chain is really that bad. I mean, almost everyone I know has been back to work now for the past month, (US, eastern half). As well, I've ordered things from other online companies during the pandemic and all has arrived within a week. The shipping companies have been working overtime throughout. So, put on a mask, put the shit in a box, and ship it out!

But, OK. Now knowing that others are having similar troubles, I'll give them a bit more slack. I'll assume that maybe the manufacturers are hold things up. That's the part I just don't know.

It's more than just one category of retailer that's experiencing these sorts of disruptions. There's supply disruptions across several categories but it seems the online retailers are hardest hit because they don't have the resources to be able to interact with each individual customer in a timely manner. For whatever reason they're not able to scale up to handle the increase in traffic, or the decrease in supply or both. This is speculation on my part but the pattern is almost identical for certain retailers selling many types of goods. Some have been good, but many have been very poor.

My experiences with shortages have been everything from motorcycle parts to building materials to AV supplies. Even groceries have been hit and miss but they've been better lately. It can't be coincidence that many online retailers simultaneously went from good to unsatisfactory during the pandemic  without a common underlying cause.

Matt

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2020, 12:03:46 pm »

It can't be coincidence that many online retailers simultaneously went from good to unsatisfactory during the pandemic  without a common underlying cause.

Matt
Massive increase in on-line ordering is the root cause.
At Amazon, it's like Black Friday every day. They can <sort of> deal with it.
Smaller and less experienced retailers, not so much.
That's my take on it, anyway.
Most had on-line as "a thing that everyone should support". Now, it's the ONLY way to move product.
Everyone has to catch up on the technology. Not an easy thing for a 100 year old brick-and-mortar.......
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Matthew Knischewsky

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2020, 12:23:02 pm »

Massive increase in on-line ordering is the root cause.
At Amazon, it's like Black Friday every day. They can <sort of> deal with it.
Smaller and less experienced retailers, not so much.
That's my take on it, anyway.
Most had on-line as "a thing that everyone should support". Now, it's the ONLY way to move product.
Everyone has to catch up on the technology. Not an easy thing for a 100 year old brick-and-mortar.......
Chris.

Is Old Navy a small online retailer? They used to be great. (order and the goods would be shipped and received in a few days) Now they're not. (can't get in touch with customer service, delays, shortages)
Same goes for Home Depot. In the past when the online inventory said they had it, they did. Now the inventory is wildly inaccurate.
 2 examples from many experiences from myself and friends and acquaintances. While Amazon would be larger I wouldn't exactly call Old Navy and Home Depot small.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2020, 12:23:02 pm »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 24 queries.