ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Source 4 bulbs  (Read 4074 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Source 4 bulbs
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 06:34:27 PM »

Go with the 375's.

Thats a small room and they will get hot.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 07:38:22 PM »

+1 on Tim's post.  I had a client that had 20 amp circuits with commercial grade quality brand 20A breakers.  The breakers would not tolerate four 575W lamps, even though they should have.  The dimming was 4 Leviton portable 4 channel packs.  575 X 4 = 2300 watts.  20 Amps at 120V = 2400 watts, so it should work, but those breakers wouldn't last 5 minutes.  Switching to 375 watt lamps saved the day and there was a barely perceptible difference in the illumination in this situation.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 08:23:49 PM »

I had a client that had 20 amp circuits with commercial grade quality brand 20A breakers...

Two things come to mind with this - my guess is that the inrush current is what was causing the breakers to trip much sooner than expected, and the other has to do with “continuous duty” loading on a breaker.  Best practice is not to exceed 80% of a breaker’s rated capacity if the load will be applied in a “continuous” fashion - 3+hrs if I remember correctly unless the breaker is specifically designated for full-capacity duty cycle.  More than that can cause nuisance tripping, and my guess is that a combination of these factors (high momentary inrush plus near full capacity sustained) is what caused the problem. 

I saw the new LED retrofits as well.  Hopefully they’ll look good in person without any teething issues!

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 12:42:17 AM »

Fwiw, most breakers will work at 1x ampacity forever.

There is a curve for anything past that.

Don, I agree with Jeff it was either inrush or bad breakers.

https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?&p_enDocType=Catalog&p_File_Name=0730CT9801.pdf&p_Doc_Ref=0730CT9801
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 12:42:17 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.