Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > DJ Forum

EAW SB1000 vs Sonic R218 bass??

(1/7) > >>

Mike Henderson:
Hello all. I have this sonic here is you can have a look please?

https://www.sixstardj.com/sonicr218sub.html

The original subwoofers was replace with Eminence kilomax Pro which is 1400W Continuous and 2400W Peak. I get a lot of Depth with this cab and a serious grunt when the power is turned up. What this cab is lacking, for me, is punch and distance.

I listened to a friend's EAW SB1000 and that bass had roundness, punch and distance. A friend is tell me if I were to replace the Eminence will RCF I should get a similar output to the EAW. This is I am not seeing as the two cabs have different technology. Also when I compare the specs of both the EAW shows the better specs.

I have attached a screenshot of both Cab's specs, can you guys advise me on this please? Thanks.

MikeHarris:
it is not mystic...its the rules you use your real name

Chris Grimshaw:
I had written a nice, informative post, but I've deleted that.

You clicked through a lot of pages, and there are reminders everywhere (including the forum rules, which you're advised to read before posting) - fix your displayed name, and then we'll talk.

Chris

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: mystic on July 12, 2020, 07:26:07 AM ---Hello all.

can you guys advise me on this please? Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Mike Henderson:

--- Quote from: Mike Henderson on July 12, 2020, 07:26:07 AM ---Hello all. I have this sonic here is you can have a look please?

https://www.sixstardj.com/sonicr218sub.html

The original subwoofers was replace with Eminence kilomax Pro which is 1400W Continuous and 2400W Peak. I get a lot of Depth with this cab and a serious grunt when the power is turned up. What this cab is lacking, for me, is punch and distance.

I listened to a friend's EAW SB1000 and that bass had roundness, punch and distance. A friend is tell me if I were to replace the Eminence will RCF I should get a similar output to the EAW. This is I am not seeing as the two cabs have different technology. Also when I compare the specs of both the EAW shows the better specs.

I have attached a screenshot of both Cab's specs, can you guys advise me on this please? Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Sorry about the username oversight guys, I have corrected it.

Please note that I had done some research on the net and on here regarding the SB1000 prior to creating this thread. My question relates to making a choice between replacing the Eminence woofers with RCF's on my Sonic or going with the SB 1000.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version