ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NAICS Number?  (Read 1492 times)

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
NAICS Number?
« on: October 02, 2020, 03:49:31 PM »

I am wading through an application for a state grant for COVID relief.  The are asking for NAICS Code.  Looking through the latest North American Industry Classification System Manual I cannot find our industry listed.  Maybe I am missing it?  Has anyone else had to assign an NAICS code to their sound reinforcement business and if so, what did you use.  TIA.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: NAICS Number?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 04:24:10 PM »

I am wading through an application for a state grant for COVID relief.  The are asking for NAICS Code.  Looking through the latest North American Industry Classification System Manual I cannot find our industry listed.  Maybe I am missing it?  Has anyone else had to assign an NAICS code to their sound reinforcement business and if so, what did you use.  TIA.

713990  All other amusement and recreation industries
512290  Other sound recording industries
541690  All other scientific and consulting services

SIC Code are better; https://www.naics.com/sic-industry-description/?code=7922
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 07:30:24 PM »

713990  All other amusement and recreation industries
512290  Other sound recording industries
541690  All other scientific and consulting services

SIC Code are better; https://www.naics.com/sic-industry-description/?code=7922

I've been using "711512 - Independent actors, comedians and performers" for freelance work, but it looks like that's a Canadian-specific code. The US has a similar code ("711510 - Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers") which should cover US freelancers in our industry.

For a larger operations, there's some suggestion online that the Broadway sound provider Sound Associates was using "711320 - Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Similar Events without Facilities", which is less of a stretch than it sounds after reading the examples given, whereas it looks like Eighth Day (and some others) may have gone with "532490 - Other Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment Rental and Leasing".

Lots to choose from!

-Russ

doug johnson2

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 08:04:47 PM »

I used, 532490-Other Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment Rental and Leasing, which includes "Audio visual equipment rental or leasing."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 08:04:47 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.