ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eye Of The Beholder  (Read 5964 times)

John Fruits

Re: Eye Of The Beholder
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2020, 11:59:10 AM »

Yeah, it's hard to remember there's a functional building behind the Disney Hall facade.
That makes me think of the Mummers Theater in OKC. It was designed by John Johansen in the Brutalist style.  He claims he was inspired by how computers worked!  The Mummers was transitioning from a small storefront theater to being the main community theater.  In the fundraising stage it was decided that they needed to have a worldwide competition to get a worldwide star designer so they would have bragging rights.  Of course the chosen winner went way over budget so the production funding for the Mummers got gobbled up.  Oh, one fun thing, one savvy person later claimed that the building was inspired by the many grain elevators in Oklahoma.  That made sense. LOL  It was eventually demolished after flooding.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Thomas Harkin

• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2020, 03:35:15 PM »

That makes me think of the Mummers Theater in OKC. It was designed by John Johansen in the Brutalist style.  He claims he was inspired by how computers worked!  The Mummers was transitioning from a small storefront theater to being the main community theater.  In the fundraising stage it was decided that they needed to have a worldwide competition to get a worldwide star designer so they would have bragging rights.  Of course the chosen winner went way over budget so the production funding for the Mummers got gobbled up.  Oh, one fun thing, one savvy person later claimed that the building was inspired by the many grain elevators in Oklahoma.  That made sense. LOL  It was eventually demolished after flooding.

Here's a link to the story.

https://oklahoman.com/article/4952543/1990-article-shows-oklahoma-citys-stage-center-was-doomed-from-start

Brook Hovland

• DiA Events
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2020, 09:06:15 PM »

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2020, 12:53:40 AM »

I'm weird. I like the cybertruck.

I remember when the Ford Taurus first hit the market. Nobody liked it. it was ugly, everybody thought it would be a huge debacle. But they sold, and sold very well. And that ugly body and front wheel drive V6 meant the MPG numbers were huge for a family car.

I also like the Bollinger truck. And as far as function over form goes, the Bollinger has them all beat. Unfortunately I don't thing Bollinger has the business savvy to be a real player in the EV game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w45L3kV8n1I
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2020, 03:53:24 AM »

I'm weird. I like the cybertruck.

I remember when the Ford Taurus first hit the market. Nobody liked it. it was ugly, everybody thought it would be a huge debacle. But they sold, and sold very well. And that ugly body and front wheel drive V6 meant the MPG numbers were huge for a family car.

I also like the Bollinger truck. And as far as function over form goes, the Bollinger has them all beat. Unfortunately I don't thing Bollinger has the business savvy to be a real player in the EV game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w45L3kV8n1I

My Dad used to say "beauty is skin deep but ugly is to the bone" it doesn't do anything for me either.  I can't wait to see the new truck from Lordstown Motors.  Right down the highway from me in Ohio.  It is tough looking and has great tech.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2020, 03:53:24 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.