ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosumer DigiMixers malfunctions  (Read 8005 times)

Daniel Levi

Re: Prosumer DigiMixers malfunctions
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 03:49:14 AM »

Adding to that, it shows an X32 Rack that was part of a studio fire that still boots.

JohnPinchin

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 08:16:09 AM »

I'm using an x32, x32rack and a couple of xr18's.     
Indoors, outdoors, pubs, clubs, functions they work perfectly several years into ownership. 
The only issues I've ever experienced have been related to wifi on xr18 and you would be hard pressed to not come across the advice to avoid internal wifi. 

Easy to use, reliable and increasingly accepted by bands despite the name - I'd quite like something more upmarket but they keep working so I'll invest in other parts of my system.

gordonmcgregor

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 08:43:58 AM »

I'm using an x32, x32rack and a couple of xr18's.     
Indoors, outdoors, pubs, clubs, functions they work perfectly several years into ownership. 
The only issues I've ever experienced have been related to wifi on xr18 and you would be hard pressed to not come across the advice to avoid internal wifi. 

Easy to use, reliable and increasingly accepted by bands despite the name - I'd quite like something more upmarket but they keep working so I'll invest in other parts of my system.
My Ui16 failed 2 hours into trying it out before a gig the replacement repeatedly dropped connection and was generally a menace. We dd install one and it has worked well as far as I know. Had an SI get it's internal SD card  scrambled but that was probably user error though why a poorly attached SD card is in a piece of kit that's going to moved about is anyone's guess. On the Behringer front all is good though one installed unit had a ribbon cable loose on delivery this was sorted no problem. Allen and Heath no issues at all so far, we have several Roland desks and snake boxes and all of them just work and have never given any issues apart from once some dirt got in the ethercon connector on a snake head and it refused to connect.

Steve Garris

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 12:04:56 PM »

I've used a DL1608 for 7 years, (purchased used) - flawless, never a problem.

I have a uI24 that I purchased 1-1/2 years ago. Everything on it works as it should, but I haven't used it that much.

Mal Brown

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 03:46:00 PM »

I've used a DL1608 for 7 years, (purchased used) - flawless, never a problem.

I have a uI24 that I purchased 1-1/2 years ago. Everything on it works as it should, but I haven't used it that much.

I did hundreds of gigs with a DL-1608.  Sold it and from what I understand it's still rockin'  Mine was an original 30 pin.  I did the upgrade to smaller thinner tray and lightning whan I upgraded to later generation iPads.   Only issues I ever had were connectivity when I forgot to let the router complete it's boot up before turning on the DL-1608...  That was about the best software going at the time.  I could still jump on one and get a job done.  Very easy to use.

UI-24r is next level - but you have to use an external router or you spare letting yourself in for a world of pain...  that seems to be true for any of the mixers I have heard of with an on board hot spot.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

gordonmcgregor

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2020, 06:42:04 PM »

After I had written the reply above I had a think about "pro" desks that have failed Mdas xl3 on monitors bang dead PSU and it took out one side of the board. Soundcraft 8000 Psu dead thankfully on 1st switch on, Yamaha PM3000 massive hum unusable for that gig, Midas heritage mute computer having a bad day and randomly muting stuff, I could go on for some time  :o. I think that the "pro-sumer"  consoles are at least as reliable as the behemoths of yore and they don't break the bank to replace them or carry a spare.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2020, 06:47:37 PM »

Merely being able to reference my space tags you as a certified old person Tim.

For those of us who don't "FaceSpace", what does it show?

I can't comment on the Allen-Heath or Soundcraft mixers but out of 6 M32/X32, we've had exactly 1 failure over 6 years, and it was a failure of an internal component and required shipping to the Music CARE facility... Covered under warranty (was just under 3 years old) and Music Group picked up shipping both ways.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2020, 03:22:32 AM »

After I had written the reply above I had a think about "pro" desks that have failed Mdas xl3 on monitors bang dead PSU and it took out one side of the board. Soundcraft 8000 Psu dead thankfully on 1st switch on, Yamaha PM3000 massive hum unusable for that gig, Midas heritage mute computer having a bad day and randomly muting stuff, I could go on for some time  :o. I think that the "pro-sumer"  consoles are at least as reliable as the behemoths of yore and they don't break the bank to replace them or carry a spare.

^^^  This.  My local PAC losing the Soundcraft Venue II is a spectacular PSU melt down, a PM-3000 hum that turned out to be from severe voltage drop, witnessed H3K automation run amok and will note that the Paragon II's native state was with the bottom covers removed...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2020, 07:50:48 AM »

^^^  This.  My local PAC losing the Soundcraft Venue II is a spectacular PSU melt down, a PM-3000 hum that turned out to be from severe voltage drop, witnessed H3K automation run amok and will note that the Paragon II's native state was with the bottom covers removed...
Back in Ye Old Days, there was a reason "we" carried dual power supplies on a switcher, NOT plugged in at the same time, and a "lesser status" board for when a HK, PM, SC or whatever "Big Boy Board" got a little upset...
I did a high profile gig on my MC-2404 when we couldn't take the time to troubleshoot the PM-3K "noises".
The broadcast truck was..... ahhh. more than a little surprised at that one....

This new day of quite capable digital boards, wow. You youngins should have been around when a "real" console took 6 guys to lift....
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2020, 08:02:22 AM »

FWIW: My QU-16 and QU-24 have been rock solid for me - zero issues.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2020, 08:02:22 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.