ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft UI24r issues  (Read 7872 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Soundcraft UI24r issues
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2020, 05:04:28 PM »

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/ui-24r-screen-layout-pic.1472983/

I placed this post in the Live Sound forum at Talkbass.

One must sign up and log in to click the thumbs.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Mal Brown

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2020, 06:18:42 PM »

ah cr@p  I don't have a hosting service at this point.  I got TB where i'm a supporting member or FB which most folks despise ...

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0mN2z3K8MYFWyCURjN7VFcQgg#Jackson_Park

how about this link ?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 08:02:39 PM by Mal Brown »
Bass player, sound guy.
Fb Gorge Sound and Light
WillyandNelson.com

theo mack

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2021, 09:36:34 PM »

Unfortunately, i am going to retire my UI24r. It has been used as a small practice PA setup for about 2 years. No abuse. But Preamps are now riddled with noise issues. Several channels have various degrees of bacon frying. Out of warranty. Expensive to replace the main preamp board. It's really too bad. The feature set and price was perfect. Built in wifi weakness was easily remedied. But multiple intermittent noisy mic pres is not something I can live with.

Is sounds like bad caps in several pres. The environment has AirCon and the unit never moved.  All internal ribbon and molex connectors reseated. Power supply checked.

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2021, 10:52:51 AM »

Unfortunately, i am going to retire my UI24r. ...  But Preamps are now riddled with noise issues. Several channels have various degrees of bacon frying. Out of warranty. Expensive to replace the main preamp board. It's really too bad. The feature set and price was perfect. Built in wifi weakness was easily remedied. But multiple intermittent noisy mic pres is not something I can live with.
That's really disappointing if its a beyond economical repair problem, and surprising, too.

I don't have a UI24R, but all the reports from other owners have been highly commending of the unit, its interface and the audio quality.  The only downers were occaisional issues with the internal wi-fi, which is simply a feature of all these all-in-one boxes and easily remedied with an external router/AP.

In fact, it's the first I've heard of this kind of problem across this class of mixer.  I'm a happy XR18 owner and have seen no such problem reports over that product line either.  The only dodgy pres have been on the UI12/16 in certain circumstances, which have been well documented and appear to be a design fault.

Would be really interesting to see if anyone was able to fix yours, to find out what the root cause actually was, and to see if yours is an isolated incident.

Mal Brown

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2021, 12:36:36 AM »

hot pluging / unplugging phantom powered devices on a UI-24r will do that.  I recall there is a resistor per channel that fries.
Bass player, sound guy.
Fb Gorge Sound and Light
WillyandNelson.com

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2021, 03:34:10 PM »

hot pluging / unplugging phantom powered devices on a UI-24r will do that.  I recall there is a resistor per channel that fries.

Is that resistor easy to replace? I'm assuming it is surface mount.

Mal Brown

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2021, 09:42:52 PM »

Is that resistor easy to replace? I'm assuming it is surface mount.

not sure.  A good question for Thomas Der, Danny Olesh or maybe Matt Allcock.  I see each of them in the Soundcraft forums on Facebook
Bass player, sound guy.
Fb Gorge Sound and Light
WillyandNelson.com

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2021, 10:28:00 AM »

Working on a some theater equipment and has anyone using their mixer had anything like this issue:
(I have the same mixer in my own pile and whenever they get to do a show again they can just use mine or any of my analog ones  -can't make mine misbehave like theirs)

After 10min up to 30min approx usage the controls lock-up.  Audio continues to pass in the state it was in at lock-up.
. . .

Turn off "hardware acceleration" in your browser prefs. Seems to solve a lot of UI issues.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealers for all this stuff

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2021, 09:34:48 PM »

Turn off "hardware acceleration" in your browser prefs. Seems to solve a lot of UI issues.
The problem with this unit occurred even when you weren't running a browser.  (local monitor+mouse) -as well as on 5 different browsers (Safari, Edge, Firefox, ios Safari and Android Chrome)

Recently pulled the problem mixer out of pandemic mothballed theater and shipped it to a really nice repair center in Denver.  It ended up needing a new "motherboard" and it turns out it was fully warranty covered.
Gave it an uptime test after it returned and it has been running fine now for over two weeks straight.

A big thank-you to Pro Audio Services in Broomfield CO!
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Patrick Tracy

• Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2021, 11:57:49 PM »

A big thank-you to Pro Audio Services in Broomfield CO!

Their reputation around here is pretty good, and it's a half hour drive from my house.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2021, 11:57:49 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.