ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing SLS 920 HF driver  (Read 428 times)

Brandon Scopel

Replacing SLS 920 HF driver
« on: May 30, 2021, 06:55:45 PM »

So community has long since discontinued the vhf100 that was used in these and many other boxes, so I ordered on their instructions the HF10aK driver and I canít seem to figure out how to make it fit. I remember Dave from community trying to explain it to me months ago but I canít reach out to him b/c Labor Day.

Any one ever swapped these?

Art Welter

Re: Replacing SLS 920 HF driver
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 12:11:15 PM »

So community has long since discontinued the vhf100 that was used in these and many other boxes, so I ordered on their instructions the HF10aK driver and I canít seem to figure out how to make it fit.
The VHF100 has a 4 bolt pattern with a 3" bolt circle using 1/4" 20 thread per inch bolts.
The HF10aK has a three bolt (M6) pattern of 57mm bolt circle, and a 76mm (2.99 inch) 2 bolt pattern.

Use just two of the four horn bolt holes with the HF10aK, using M6 bolts of the correct length, use extra washers if they are too long, don't "bottom out" the bolts.
M6 are close to 1/4-20, but not the same- if you don't use metric bolts, you'll bung up the threads on the new driver.

It is also preferable to use stainless steel hardware to keep all the magnetism where it is supposed to be ;^).

Good luck!
Art

Brandon Scopel

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 05:48:08 PM »

The VHF100 has a 4 bolt pattern with a 3" bolt circle using 1/4" 20 thread per inch bolts.
The HF10aK has a three bolt (M6) pattern of 57mm bolt circle, and a 76mm (2.99 inch) 2 bolt pattern.

Use just two of the four horn bolt holes with the HF10aK, using M6 bolts of the correct length, use extra washers if they are too long, don't "bottom out" the bolts.
M6 are close to 1/4-20, but not the same- if you don't use metric bolts, you'll bung up the threads on the new driver.

It is also preferable to use stainless steel hardware to keep all the magnetism where it is supposed to be ;^).

Good luck!
Art

Yep, that was the idea. But I ran into the issue of the Faital being deeper which I thought that by flipping the supports on the box would allow me the clearance, but then the hole arenít far enough apart to make that happen. I will order the correct threaded bolts though, thank you for that insight.

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 05:48:08 PM ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.