ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about routing for Behringer Xr18  (Read 656 times)

Dan Mortensen

Re: Question about routing for Behringer Xr18
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 04:49:02 pm »

I don't have the app in front of me, but can't you just select the Bus that you're using as a sub-group into sends-on-fader mode using the selector buttons on the bottom right of the screen? That should bring up the master fader/mute for that Bus on the far right hand of the fader strip. Am I missing something?

-Russ

IIRC, a whole new section appeared in the computer control screen that looked like subgroups would look on a mixer; it was in addition to the 6 auxes. That section is not on the iPad Behringer app.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 01:24:06 am »

IIRC, a whole new section appeared in the computer control screen that looked like subgroups would look on a mixer; it was in addition to the 6 auxes. That section is not on the iPad Behringer app.

If it was in addition to the six buses, are you referring to the DCAs? I believe there's a way to control those from the iPad app as well, but I'm not as sure about this (and again, I don't have the app in front of me to check).

Edit: Just looked through a couple of YouTube videos. There is access to the DCAs in the most recent version of the iPad app, but you might have to change to a different layer.

-Russ
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 04:21:03 pm by Russell Ault »

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 07:48:34 pm »

Ok, stop every one....

Step one: Open the app

Step two: Select a channel ( any actual input channel )

Step three: Select the sends tab in the upper portion of the screen

Step four: Be sure the Advanced tab is selected for the Sends view. It should have a blue highlighted color. When ADVANCED is selected you will see the bus sends, the effect sends, and in the far right, a row of selections for the bus setup. In, Pre EQ, Post EQ PRE, Post and SUB GROUP......

Step five: Select the desired bus send you want to make a change to. You will see a faint grey outline around the box of the selected Bus Send.

Step six: Select the Sub Group selection tab on that row of options on the right-hand side of the window. When you have selected the Sub Group tab, the bus that you have selected will change from a fader to a power/ on-off button in the middle of that sends box.

Step seven: When the Sub Group tab is selected for a bus send it is defaulted to OFF for all the potential channels. So press the power button once to turn it on. It will change from a blueish grey color to a brighter blue/teal color.

Step eight: In the far right of the window you will see your main bus selection row; Main, Bus 1-6, and Effect 1-4. Select the desired bus you just changed in the sends view from the channel strip. The fader view for that bus will change and you will see the bus send name underneath the solo button. Press the little colored window ABOVE the SOLO tab. In demo mode, the bus's are colored yellow. But you should see that your desired bus is also highlighted in the tab window on the far right. When you press the selection tab of the desired bus you will see the options window change from sends view to whatever the last view you had selected for the bus's. When you get to the bus options window you will then select the OUTPUT tab.

Step nine: By default, the bus should NOT be patched to the LR mix, but ensure that it is by toggling it on and off. Off is a light blueish grey color. If it is on it it will have a brighter blue/teal like color. The LR patching button is located in the middle of the output view under the PAN fader.

Step ten: Bring up the bus sends fader for your selected Sub Group and select the SOLO tab for that bus.
Step eleven: You should be able to turn channels on and off from a subgroup from the main mix view at this point, but if not you can select a channel from the main mix view and go to the sends tab and then turn it on in the subgroup. In either case, just be sure that each channel you desire to go into the subgroup has its power button for that subgroup set to on.

Some notes:

In demo mode the channels sends view does not change the bus to Sub Group for all of the channels and it has to be done for each channel. I am not sure how this works when connected to the actual XR18 etc. It can't be a subgroup for some channels and not others, so just confirm that any other selected channels also show a power button for the desired bus when you go to the sends view. Also, be sure that any channels you want to go to the subgroup also have the power button turned on. Below are a couple of pictures to help show what you are looking for.

Hopefully, this all makes sense. I don't own an Xair unit, so I am going off memory and the demo mode in the app. I know for a fact that the way I prescribe it will work for you. You can do it however you wish though as there are of course several other ways to do it. I think this is the easiest way just because there is no external gear needed and you don't have to reconfigure solo buses or other options to make it work. Take care all.

I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 07:48:34 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 22 queries.